I Got Sick During Finals Week And I'm Glad I Made It Out Alive

Getting sick during the finals week, when you are senior taking all upper-division courses is the worst. I'm just glad I survived this ordeal.

4

A week before my finals, I started sneezing… a lot. I was in the car on our way to brunch with my friend and she asked if I was getting sick. I replied proudly, "Ohh no, it's probably just some random sneezing". We went on with the day and I thought that I was okay. I went to bed at around 11 pm and literally prayed that I will be okay for finals weeks.

It wasn't until the next morning that I knew that something was wrong. The thing is that every time I get sick my ears start hurting so much. They become strained and it feels as if something is stuck inside them. I begin to pull and tug my ear. I also lose my sense of taste when I'm sick. I quickly took a shower and headed to the library.

As long as the brain fog isn't there, I should be fine. I NEED TO STUDY. I had 4 finals in 3 days with 2 being about 2 hours apart.

When I finally got a computer in the library, I sat down and began to work. After 2 hours, I began to get the worst headache ever. I knew it, now I was sick sick. I soon began to doze off into a deep sleep. My dorm is about a mile away from the library so I knew that I had to get on the 10 pm bus unless I wanted to walk. I quickly packed up my stuff and slugged across the campus to the bus, and then I got to my room and I slept. This routine continued on for the next 4 days. It wasn't until about 2 days before my finals that I started to study AKA setup base at the library and stay there the whole day.

This finals week was the roughest one for me. I never had so many finals in such close dates, and it was the first time where I was taking all upper-division courses. I remember thinking during finals week about how I will survive this week, and could only think about December 20th when I would officially be free.

I still don't know how I made it out of Finals Week this semester, but I am glad that I did. I think sometimes when faced with such as adversity, one is literally just consumed by the ordeal. But, like every other adversity, it will be faced and overcame.