Sick Day Movies

10 Feel Good Movies To Watch On A Sick Day

Movies are the best medicine.

623
Photo by Eea Ikeda on Unsplash

Everybody has had one of those days where they just don't feel good. Whether you're sick, tired, or just a little down, sometimes all you can do is lay in bed and watch your favorite movies to lift your spirits. Here are ten of my all-time favorite sick day movies. Enjoy!

1. "Mulan" (1998)

media.giphy.com

I know this is a kid's movie but come on, it's "Mulan"! So funny, so empowering, and it has the best soundtrack ever.

2. "Mamma Mia" (2008)

media.giphy.com

This fun musical (that takes place in Greece, by the way) will have you singing along at the top of your lungs.

3. "The Princess Bride" (1987)

media.giphy.com

An absolute classic. "The Princess Bride" has everything: true love, adventure, humor, sword fighting, and friendship.

4. "The Proposal" (2009)

media.giphy.com

My all time favorite romantic comedy. Betty White, Ryan Reynolds, and Sandra Bullock… need I say more?

5. "The Princess Diaries" (2001)

media.giphy.com

"The Princess Diaries" makes me feel like anybody can be a princess, and sometimes I just need that.

6. "Beauty and the Beast" (2017)

media.giphy.com

Make sure to watch the 2017 version with Emma Watson and not the old cartoon. It's so much better.

7. "Moana" (2016)

media.giphy.com

I've been obsessed with this movie since it came out two years ago. "How Far I'll Go" is my anthem.

8. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" (2001)

media.giphy.com

Before the "Harry Potter" movies get super dark and depressing, we have "The Sorcerer's Stone". It's a magical gem filled with friendship that will make you wish you could join Harry and his friends at Hogwarts.

9. "Star Wars A New Hope" (1977)

media.giphy.com

This isn't exactly a happy go lucky movie, but I've been watching it since I was a little kid so it still gives me all the nostalgic feels.

10. "A Knight's Tale" (2001)

media.giphy.com

The most underrated movie of all time. I can't even explain it. Just watch it