Shy Girl Problems

Shy Girl Problems

If you're shy, I bet this is something you can relate to.

7
Shy Girl Problems

Since I've gone away to college and gotten involved, and worked a summer job as a lifeguard three summers in a row, I have gotten better with some of my shyness. However, some struggles still remain. But here are some problems that I still struggle with- and ones that I'm sure some of my fellow shy girls can relate to as well.

1). You hate the meet and greet activities

Not just because you have to get up.. but because you have to stand up, find someone you don't know, and make (possibly awkward) conversation with them. How nerve-racking!

2). You hate the class presentations

No one likes to go first- so you try to make sure you go later (much later if you can help it). Plus, the more people go in front of you, the more you have time to think/practice what you are going to say.

3). When the chance to crack a joke or say something funny comes along, you often miss it because for some reason you're afraid of embarrassing yourself.

Whenever I did this, I felt like people would laugh and make such a big deal about it... which, in turn, would embarrass me and force me back into my shell. Other times, though, I regret not saying anything.

4). Part of the reason you hate the group projects is because you don't know who to work with

If you don't have close friends in that class (since you don't talk and socialize- unless my bestie was in the class, I'd rather read), then it can be hard finding a group that can make room for you. So then teacher has to put you with somebody- who can be either good or bad to work with.

5). Due to your shy, quiet personality you're probably the person that not everyone knows

I never had a chance at being nominated for homecoming court, or prom queen, or winning a senior superlative. Then there are some people at school who you know, someone who everybody at school knows... but doesn't know who you are. What makes it even more of a bummer is when they are someone you wish knew you- because they are that cool.

6). If you're anything like me, some phone calls can be nerve-racking

Especially if you have to call someone you don't know- for example, to make an appointment for something. You're already shy around new people in-person, so this isn't any different. Then when you finally make the call it can go two ways: it can either go really good, or really awkward (in all honesty, though, it kind of depends on what the person on the other end is like).

You have nothing to say

I don't know about you, but when I was in school, I was such an introvert, and such a homebody that whenever the people around you started talking about someone or something... you did not know who or what they were talking about, and couldn't figure out a way to join in on the conversation. #nolife

I don't know if these problems can speak for all of my fellow shy girls... but I bet you can relate to at least one! And if you're hoping to get better with your shyness don't worry: in time, you will- as long as you try to get involved.