5 Unusual Netflix Shows That You'll Love

5 Unusual Netflix Shows That Remind You Why You Got That Subscription

Forget watching simple romantic comedies and anticlimactic mysteries, and try out these out-of-the-ordinary shows!

47

You just got finished with your latest show, and now you have no idea what the next one is going to be. Maybe you will settle on reruns of your favorite nineties show or rewatching the latest Marvel movie. Or maybe this time around, you'll watch the five craziest shows Netflix has to offer.

1. "Insatiable"

Insatiable

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlbMd_pj-ZB/

Debby Ryan plays a former fat girl, Patty Bladell, who gets into a fistfight with a homeless guy and ends up getting her jaw wired shut and results in her losing seventy pounds. The show centers around her character meeting Bob Armstrong, who has a conflict with the locals in their small Georgia town. The two's encounter with the law makes Bob's interest in Patty all the more scandalous. Bob wants to be Patty's pageant coach after failing to attract any new clients after a false accusation. Patty's out for revenge for everyone that made fun of her for being fat, and the endless trail of insanity continues into the entire season. This is one show that you will not be able to stop watching.

2. "Santa Clarita Diet"

Santa Clarita Diet

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfthct-DaiI/

Drew Barrymore has historically been a rom-com legend and Timothy Olyphant is all around awesome. They both play Sheila and Joel Hammond lead a pretty normal suburban life with their daughter Abby. There's just one thing: Sheila is slowly turning into a zombie. A raw, meat-loving, turned accidental killer mother who simply cannot control her impulses at times. The show is actually really funny and easy to watch (if you like that sort of thing, which you will). This show stands out among a lot of the Netflix shows being put out recently.

3. "Big Mouth"

Big Mouth

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn88G73n2LX/

"Big Mouth": you can claim you know everything about this show simply from the promos but it is way more than teenagers and sex. This show is about how those teenagers grow up while dealing with every emotion that comes with hormonal changes and how they shape who they are. While that might sound more wholesome than it seems, this show is very open across the board. You won't be disappointed by the cast and their familiar voices, as most of them come from a comedic background if not all of them.

4. "Sex Education"

Sex Education

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtioMx5jlDN/

I know you are thinking I am crazy for including this one on the list but hear me out. "Sex Education" is a high school British drama/comedy that follows Otis, a young and inexperienced teenage boy whose mother (the glorious Gillian Anderson) is a sex therapist. Otis sees that other kids at his school are having a hard time with their bodies and he decides to be the school's unofficial sex therapist. With the help of Maeve and Eric, they are able to navigate treacherous waters into the world of sex and relationships. This show deals with hot and scandalous topics that are so prevalent in our time, such as abortion, LGBTQ rights, and poverty. This show attracts all types, even including one of my English professors, who gave me this idea for the article, since it surprised me that he loved it so much.

5. "YOU"

YOU

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrteWSKBtiV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Now I know this was previously a Lifetime show before Netflix bought it this past year, but since it is now a part of the Netflix community, it is time to give it its rightful place. Joe Goldberg aka Dan Humphrey for any of my Gossip Girl fans out there is an every Joe (sorry for the pun, but that's where this comes from). Originally a novel, YOU goes over the obsession Joe has with the women in his life and how he magically makes things happen and fall into place for him. Beck is the obsession season one surrounds itself with and it has so many twists and turns to it that you will never guess what happens each episode.

Beck is a young MFA student living in New York City that somehow can't find the strength to buy curtains to cover her apartment window that Joe peers into almost every day. Beck has a complicated backstory and her life as a woman who's trying to figure things out leads her to some of the darkest places in the human psyche. The season continuously shows us flawed characters who in a sense, are wrapped into Joe's dark world, unknowingly contributing their own malicious acts to the plot. I rave about this show probably the most on this list, and that could be because I too have an obsession, but it's with handsome men turned crazy killer shows, but that's just me. Also, you can never go wrong with a surprise role by John Stamos. You won't be disappointed binging this show and will never guess how the end turns out, so turn on your TVs and get to watching. You know I will!