Show Us The Way

Show Us The Way

A Prayer for the Kingdom
8

A simple prayer I wrote this week.

King Jesus,

Show us the way.

We have forgotten what it means to follow you.

Show us the way.

We are the blind leading the blind.

Show us the way.

Our hearts have grown cold.

Show us the way.

We have not exalted you as King.

Show us the way.

We are sheep without a shepherd.

Show us the way.

We have not loved our neighbors

Show us the way.

We lack compassion.

Show us the way.

We do not value your presence

Show us the way.

We have lived in the fear of man

Show us the way.

We have discriminated in your name

Show us the way.

We have supported injustice in your name.

Show us the way.

Come, O King of Kings, come and let justice flood down like rolling waters.

Show us the way.

You are the way.

Cover Image Credit: Isaac Wheeler

A Letter To My Go-To Aunt

Happiness is having the best aunt in the world.
24307

I know I don't say it enough, so let me start off by saying thank you.

You'll never understand how incredibly blessed I am to have you in my life. You'll also never understand how special you are to me and how much I love you.

I can't thank you enough for countless days and nights at your house venting, and never being too busy when I need you. Thank you for the shopping days and always helping me find the best deals on the cutest clothes. For all the appointments I didn't want to go to by myself. Thank you for making two prom days and a graduation party days I could never forget. Thank you for being overprotective when it comes to the men in my life.

Most importantly, thank you for being my support system throughout the numerous highs and lows my life has brought me. Thank you for being honest even when it isn't what I want to hear. Thank you for always keeping my feet on the ground and keeping me sane when I feel like freaking out. Thank you for always supporting whatever dream I choose to chase that day. Thank you for being a second mom. Thank you for bringing me into your family and treating me like one of your own, for making me feel special because you do not have an obligation to spend time with me.

You've been my hero and role model from the time you came into my life. You don't know how to say no when family comes to you for help. You're understanding, kind, fun, full of life and you have the biggest heart. However, you're honest and strong and sometimes a little intimidating. No matter what will always have a special place in my heart.

There is no possible way to ever thank you for every thing you have done for me and will continue to do for me. Thank you for being you.