Shout Out To Coffee For Being The Real MVP

Not all heroes wear capes.

48
Tumblr

Like every hard working college student I enjoy the everyday routine of procrastinating anything somewhat important in my life by focusing on the REALLY important things like Buzzfeed quizzes, dog videos, and silly articles that a person you kind of remember from middle school shared on Facebook. But as I read the various "Open Letters to _____" or the "One for the at sortPeron Who Didn't Leave/Give Up On Me/Accepted Me" or something of that sort, the I felt as if nothing truly captured my love for that one true gem in my life (and every college kids' life?): coffee. I aggressively love coffee so much. My fingers are pulsing with caffeine from my third cup of coffee as I type this. So as I am living in a state of hand shaking, coffee buzz, I composed this lovely, amateur sonnet for your procrastinating needs. Please enjoy and read at your own risk:

In the morning you’re always there for me

But you’re also there for me at night

Without you I don’t know where I’d be

You always make everything alright

Sometimes you’re a little too bitter

But I like it when you’re sweet

You make my heart pound quickly and flitter

Nothing comes close to you, you’ve got them beat

Sometimes you can be incredibly hot!

But I also like it when you’re ice cold

Disappointing is one thing you are not

This relationship will never become old

We have a strong bond that will never end

Dear Coffee, thank you for being my friend

So hopefully this warmed your heart (almost) as much as a cup of coffee does. Remember coffee is always there for you, they will never leave you, and they will always love you. So take some time to thank your lovely little cup of bean juice.