9 Struggles Of Every Girl Who Says, 'If Only I Was A Few Inches Taller...'

I'm asking people to reach things for me all of the time.

114

1. You can't reach things without asking for help.

Whether it's at the grocery store or in your own home, it can get pretty tough to grab what you need from the top shelf. Luckily, most of us have learned to climb on whatever platform is around to get what we need.

2. Cute pictures with your tall friends are nearly impossible.

When you and your friends stand at two completely different heights, it can be hard to position yourselves for an Insta-worthy pic. It usually takes multiple tries to get just the right balance.

3. You easily get lost in crowds of people.

All you see is the back of people's heads.

4. It takes you twice as many steps to keep up with your taller friends.

Walking absolutely anywhere with your long-legged friends can be quite a challenge. Not only are they moving at what feels like a sprint, but they forget that your legs are not nearly as long as theirs, making it impossible for you to walk the same speed.

5. People have to bend down to hear you speak in loud environments.

Normal people can just lean over to whoever they're talking to. Short people on the other hand know the struggle of getting up on your tippy-toes while the other person bends down to hear what you're saying. Whether you're at a concert, on the dance floor, or just simply in a loud room, people usually have to get on your level to hear you speak.

6. You have to get all your pants/skirts/dresses shortened.

In order for any type of bottom to look normal on you, it's usually necessary to bring it in to get hemmed. Unless you want to trip over everything you wear, it's best for shorter people to get their pants altered.

7. You can never be a Rockette.

Not that I could have been one anyway, but my height just eliminates all the possibilities.

8. People are always talking down to you.

Maybe it's on purpose or maybe you're just imagining it. Either way, standing a few feet below the person you're having a conversation naturally forces them to talk down to you.

9. But at the end of the day, good things come in small packages.

Short people are the best people.