Shocked by the Election Results? Here's What's Even More Shocking…

It's so mind-boggling that neither Trump nor Clinton would be able to fathom it.

9
fusion.net/Getty Images

Whichever candidate you voted for President, these past few weeks have been nothing but chaos for everyone. The fact that Trump broke through as the lead candidate not only says a lot about America but also about the entire political system, but I won't get too far into that.

If you need proof of people's reaction's to these results, all you have to do is log into your favorite social media app or turn on your local news station. There are Republicans shaming Democrats for being too ridiculous and out of control. There are Democrats blaming Republicans for the supposedly possible demise of America and the world itself. And there are both Democrats and Republicans blaming the third-party voters for practically throwing away their votes and giving way to the satanic opposition.

The real tragedy of this entire election was never a specific candidate or agenda. It wasn't the media, either. Heck, it wasn't even your voting decisions. It was your hard-hearted bias and ignorance, regardless of your political position.

Please tell me how it's acceptable to talk so much trash about one particular party that you have the nerve to think you could do a better job. Please name one good reason why the opposing candidate you've loathed this entire time is a replica of Hades while the candidate you support is a perfect angel. And for goodness' sake, please show me how you're the only right person in the world along with the people that only agree with you verbatim.

You fell for the trap. We could have a baby bunny for the next President, and you still would throw a hissy fit.

Now, I'm not saying that the current argument topics aren't valid. And I'm not saying that we shouldn't open our mouths at all. People have their own experiences, and they need to be shared; however, we need to be listening. Not just hearing. Listening. Not to reply immediately, but to understand gradually. Why do we treat our minds, let alone other people, like we have two mouths and one ear instead of the other way around?

Don't fall for the trap. Whatever you say or do, whether on a digital network or in real life, constantly affects your relationships with other people. Are you willing to burn the bridges of your closest friends and family over bashing the receiver with your own political views that abound in faultiness anyway?

Fight the right fight. By constantly unleashing your anger on those you disagree with, not only are you going to run out of energy for more important things in your life, but you will also completely miss the point of the opposition. Don't shame people. Don't wish curses on others. Help them out as they help you.

Align your political views with what you know as truth. And don't be afraid to have your opinion influenced, either. Being open-minded takes more effort than you think, but in the long run, you will see that putting too much trust into a single person or agenda holds so many flaws. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you're not closed-minded. Once you recognize the problem, you can work from there.

It's one thing to be scared, but it's definitely another to lash out and hurt others. It's okay to show pride in what you believe but not in a way that demonstrates ignorance and oblivion.

Remember that at the end of the day, the United States hasn't crumbled yet. We're alive. We're breathing. But change doesn't come from believing so much in a candidate that you lose faith in a country or its people. It doesn't come from unnecessary bash and banter. It starts with you setting the example of a love-driven response.