RelationSHIPs

RelationSHIPs

I ship it.

146
RelationSHIPs

Relationships - what a wonderful thing. Quite the adventure, for sure.

Our lives are like a ship, navigating the seas. Sometimes it's smooth sailing, other times the waters toss and turn as you try to keep your head afloat amidst a storm. It can sometimes be hard not to feel like you're drowning, but the calm after the storm is one of the most beautiful things life has to offer. Your closest friends by your side are your crew. Always supporting you, offering you direction in which way to go. The crew sticks by one another, no matter how bad the storm may get.

Sometimes life's ship takes a new turn. It all starts with friendship. You meet someone and get to know them. No romantic pressure, just genuine friendship. Freedom to be yourself as you get to know the other person. No rush, time is on your side.

After awhile, your friends start to notice something different about you. The way you smile, the random bursts of laughter, the rosy cheeks. Love is in the air, and it's plain to see. What a beautiful sight that is, when clear skies and sunny days roll into life's harbor. The joy is contagious, the future suddenly looks so bright.

Sometimes, God (the Captain of your ship) alters your ship just a little bit. Friendship sometimes turns into a relationship. Your friends ship it, and encourage you to steer into these uncharted waters. With God leading the way, and your crew by your side, you have nothing to fear. You can trust the unknown waters and venture into the deep.

The time has come to leave your safe harbor and set sail. It's both exciting and terrifying at the same time. But that's what life is about - taking chances, sailing where the Lord leads. Life is like the ocean, its tides always changing. You can get caught in a riptide, and lose control. You fight it, trying to swim against the current, but keep getting pulled out farther away from the safety of your harbor. It's important, when these riptides happen, to look for help. Let life teach you the lessons you have to learn. Don't get caught up in the riptide, but go parallel to it - learning from it, and growing stronger. Sometimes, riptides have to happen for you to grow strong.

Just like in friendships, relationships can encounter storms. But no storm lasts forever. Keep sailing forward, trusting the Captain's counsel and direction. He will lead you through the storm, directing the ship to where it is meant to go. The Captain never directs the ship anywhere it shouldn't be. And, should you stray away from the intended course, know that you're always able to redirect your ship.

Follow the Captain, let Him transform you into a skilled sailor. Trust that He will help you navigate whatever the seas may bring. Enjoy the adventures life brings.