22 Sherlock GIFs for Relatable College Situations

22 Sherlock GIFs For The Most 'College' Of College Situations

Even though Sherlock can sometimes seem like his own species, he can also be incredibly relatable.

369
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Benedict_Cumberbatch_filming_Sherlock_cropped2.jpg

If you're like me, you may think that Sherlock is one the best TV series out to date. I have definitely watched each episode no less than 3 times and, SPOILER ALERT: I shrieked when Sherlock died. Second spoiler alert: I wept tears of joy when it was revealed Sherlock didn't actually die. But, I digress; while Sherlock really seems to be cut from his very own cloth most of the time, he often does things that has us all nodding in solidarity.

1. When you're supposed to be taking notes for class.... but the professor catches you doing everything but:

media.giphy.com

We all know how it progresses: you start off strong, taking diligent notes and promising yourself that this semester will be the semester of new study habits! But, that all changes, slowly.... at least, if you aren't on social media, you're thinking about that awesome nap you're going to take later, and suddenly you realize you've zoned out for 20 minutes.

2. When you got the best grade in the class and need to show your inferiors- oh, I mean, your peers- who is the true master: 

media.giphy.com

That moment when the class average was a 71 and you got a 72, and suddenly, you're Einstein.

3. Having group members that you might not particularly want to have as group members: 

media.giphy.com

I consider myself really lucky, though, because in all the group projects I have had to do, my partners have been amazing. I've heard stories where this isn't necessarily the case.

4. Trying to act like you did the readings like a good student would, but really just trying not to blow your cover: 

media.giphy.com

I think this a lot more to do with prioritizing your time more so than whether you want to do the readings; sometimes, other assignments take precedence, and you have to choose the lesser of the two evils. Either way, it's still one hell of an awkward time when you're asked to tell your opinions, and you have nothing to offer.

5. When you're taking a midterm, and your brain can't focus on the topic at hand:

media.giphy.com

I think the only thing worse than this is when you remember very vividly hearing the topic being talked about in lecture, but not remembering that one vital detail that would give you the answer to the question. For some reason, your brain decided it would be more worthwhile to remember the words to "Baby Shark" instead.

6. …. and so you stare at the board, the professor, the TAs, and outer space, waiting for Divine Intervention: 

media.giphy.com

I do this every. Single. Time. Look up at the ceiling tiles is also a very effective method for recalling answers, as if the ceiling will have it written in big huge letters.

7. ... and how you react when you manage to blow chunks on the midterm: 

media.giphy.com

Right before this moment, you get that sinking feeling in your stomach, because you know that you probably got an extremely mediocre grade, or, by the grace of God, you did really well.

8. When it's 4 in the morning, and for some reason, you just cannot sleep: 

media.giphy.com

And the only reason this happens was because the night before this, you couldn't fall asleep till 4 in the morning either. It's such a vicious cycle.

9. When you just feel like staying in your pajamas all day, and people start to wonder if/when you'll ever put on normal clothes: 

media.giphy.com

And as soon as you get home, it's back into the pajamas.

10. How it feels when you try to be in a good mood after only 4 hours of sleep: 

media.giphy.com

It only gets worse when you drink too much caffeine; then, not only are you exhausted, but you can also feel your heart racing and energy pulsing through your veins. It's such a contradictory sensation.

11. The horrendous feeling you get when you don't know someone's name: 

media.giphy.com

One thing that you will learn in college is that there is a very specific and relatively small window of time you have when you ask someone to repeat their name for you; after that, you are relegated to a semester of dodging every scenario in which you'd have to use their name. It's even worse when they always call you by your name.

Moral of the story: always, always, always ask them to repeat their name if you aren't 100% sure.

12. When someone in the library next to you it being just a tad too loud for your liking: 

media.giphy.com

Sometimes, you really just need complete silence, because let's face it: thinking can be really hard sometimes. Especially when your brain is the one being too distracted, and unfortunately, you really can't yell at yourself in the library.... that would definitely be a little strange.

13. When you (finally!) try to start writing your essay, but you just can't think of anything good: 

media.giphy.com

If they took a CT scan of your brain, they'd probably only see question marks floating around in there.

14. ...then you finally come up with one, only to hate it after you've started writing: 

media.giphy.com

So now, you've decided on a topic- good job! The only problem is now you have nowhere to go with it. Looks like it's back to #13.

15.Nevertheless, you continue on, even though you feel like Sisyphus and his eternal task: 

media.giphy.com

At this point, you take a very well-deserved stretch and snack break. After all, you just put the name and date on your essay.

16. But you got it turned in, and that's all that matters, right?

media.giphy.com

Until you get it back, and you get that sinking feeling in your stomach again.

17. When group projects are approaching, and you look at your class best friend with this exact look to let them know you're claiming them: 

media.giphy.com

Let's be honest: you really do care about their input.

(Honestly, I really think college projects work out so much better than high school group projects.)

18. When the professor moves on to the next topic, even though you don't understand what just happened in the last topic: 

media.giphy.com

"Could you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the things?"

There's nothing more difficult than trying to ask to explain something you don't know when you aren't even entirely sure what it is that you don't know.

19. When you feel like you've already been in class 7 hours, but it's only been 12 minutes: 

media.giphy.com

True story: when I was taking a history class, I looked at the clock and it said it was 2:30. 15 minutes later, it said it was 2:30, and I was absolutely flabbergasted. Turns out, the clock was broken.

20. "Ugh, I have so much work to do!" But 8 minutes later, your friends ask you to hang out: 

media.giphy.com

It's like you just completely forgot everything you thought or said to yourself. I definitely found that friends are a good stress reliever, and sometimes that's what I need. In fact, sometimes I'll be in a better mood afterwards and I'll study better.

21. only THEN to realize afterwards how much cramming you're going to need to do afterwards:

media.giphy.com

Like I said, you'll study better. And, now you will be forced to get it done.

22. When you realize that these truly are the best years of your life, and you wouldn't trade them for anything: 

media.giphy.com

Honestly, I wouldn't trade being stressed over an essay for Adulthood anytime soon.

Sure, college is stressful, but you'll really have the best times of your life. And maybe you'll go find some friends to go watch Sherlock with really quick...