No 'Wonder' I'm Still Obsessed With Shawn's New Album, Even One Week Later

The hype has yet to die down

35589
Shawn Mendes

An upbeat album that makes you feel like you're the main character of a movie? That makes you want to sing it and blast it in the car with all of the windows down? That makes you want to jump and dance around to? Umm, YES PLEASE!

Last Friday, Shawn Mendes delivered everything fans wanted and more in his fourth studio album, "Wonder." I have followed Shawn since the beginning when we were both just youngin teenagers, and these new songs are some of my absolute favorites. Here are just a few that I've had on repeat all day every day the past seven days.

"Always Been You"

I can just PICTURE this song in a sold-out stadium. The stadium goes black...then, POOF! Bright white lights, big confetti canons, electricity running through the walls.

"Teach Me How To Love"

When they gave us a very very small preview of this song in the Shawn Mendes documentary on Netflix, I knew this new "Shawn era" would be much different in every good way possible.

The background singers and instrumentation give it an 80s vibe. For some reason, it reminds me of Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough..." especially the last 20 seconds of the song.

"305"

This is a total SUMMER SONG. I can't wait to listen to run around on a beach with this song in my AirPods. When I listen to this song I picture a rollercoaster, the beach, surfing and little golden retrievers just like Tarzan. Simple, pure happiness in the warm sunshine.

I can see a full-blown music video for this song in the future. With Camila, in Miami, of course.

"Wonder"

When this single was released at the beginning of October, I was instantly hooked. The Pacific Northwest vibes mixed with action and running just roped me in. It's definitely one of my "top songs" of 2020.

Plus, whenever I listen to this song while walking on campus, it makes me walk 10x faster. So, if you're ever in a rush somewhere, I'd recommend blasting this song through your earbuds.

"Look Up At The Stars"

If we're thinking about concert line ups for the *fingers crossed* future "Wonder" tour, this one would be perfect after "Always Been You." This song gives me similar vibes, but calming energy.

"Higher"

Not gonna lie, this is probably my favorite song on the album just because of the high energy. My favorite songs are always the ones you can dance around to, and this one certainly checks off that box. It makes me want to be on a city rooftop in the summertime, just like the first line of the song, "New York in the summertime…"

Thank you Shawn, for making 2020 a whole lot better. Keep the music comin'!!

"Wonder" reactionAmanda Brennan