Sharing Your Testimony Can Do More To Someone Life Then You Could Ever Imagine

Its amazing how a simple life story can change someone’s life.

631
Unsplash

Have you ever been to a church service and heard someone talk about their testimony?

Have you ever thought that your testimony could never live it up to that?

Would It change anyone’s life?

Well, I’m writing this to you to say that you could be wrong. I want to tell you why you should tell your story no matter where you are at in life.

Matthew 24:14 says And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the entire world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” The telling of your testimony teaches others about the love of Jesus and as Christians, we are called to do so.

One of my instructor’s assistants from my Old Testament class at Grand Canyon University wrote a book called “Blind Man Given Eyes To See." This book has helped me recently as I have gone through a tough time in my life. The book inspired me to encourage people around me to share their testimony.

Another book that has helped me is called "Faith Forward Future" by the Pastor of Zoe church, a megachurch in Los Angles California. The book is inspiring by the way that it shares the pastor's testimony. It is a reminder that God is under control no matter what.

Another way to tell your testimony is by going to a church small group and volunteering to share your testimony. There is this organization called “I Am Second" and what they do is share different testimonies from people. Some of those people are Bethany Hamilton and Chip and Joanna Gaines. The organization also have different sections that you can watch online. They include a season of grief, forgiveness, eating disorder, divorce, marriage troubles, and abuse.

I know what you're thinking while you are reading this. I’m not going through anything like what you are talking about? I don’t need to share my testimony. Well, it doesn’t have to be anything major. It can be something like how you are struggling in your classes or not being able to fit in school, or having trouble finding a job or a church to go to.

There are about 40 percent of us who are dealing with depression or anxiety and yet, we have the feeling that we are alone. Even if you think that don’t have issues, telling others what you struggle with can help them a lot as they go through this journey. We can even share our testimony through a social media post or even through an article on Odyssey.

So, what if you are reading this and you are not a person of faith. Do you still share your story? The answer is yes! No matter who you are, you have a story to tell to inspire hundreds of thousands but it all starts with you.