Why Sharing Your Feelings Is Important

Why Sharing Your Feelings Is Important

Sometimes you just need to talk it out and here is why.

4394
Why Sharing Your Feelings Is Important

In this society, we are taught to share our feelings, but only to an extent. We are taught that people want to know what’s happening on the surface of your life, but not deeper down. We are taught that if we share our sadness then others will think we are looking for attention. We are taught that if we share our happiness then we are conceited and self absorbed. We are taught to be guarded and trust no one. We are taught to mask our true feelings. We are taught to live an unhealthy lifestyle.

You are given the task of filling a jar with rocks. After putting many rocks into the jar, it becomes too full and breaks. We tend to fill our bodies with emotion after emotion until we are too overwhelmed and break. The only way to fix this issue is to unload the jar of emotions inside ourselves one by one.

We need to overturn the societal norms and talk. I promise you that there are people who are willing to listen and truly do care. I promise you that talking about these feelings will help unload them from the jar one by one. I promise you that unloading the rocks from the jar of life will help you become a happier person.

Our feelings have purposes. By sharing our feelings we learn to understand the purpose of each feeling. For example, if you are feeling utter sadness and you explain to someone what is making you sad then it motivates you to fix it. According to psychologists, understanding our feelings clues us into what is best for ourselves. By knowing what is best for us, we tend to live healthier lives.

Humans crave interaction and friendships. It is programmed into our minds to surround ourselves with others. When you share your feelings, you are connecting with that person. Mutually shared feelings also create a stronger connection. This connection allows you to unload some of the rocks and see your feelings from a different perspective. Now that that it is out of your mind, you have the ability to relax. Researchers have proven that the longer you keep something bottled up, the more overwhelmed and stressed you will become. The more tension that is released from your mind, the emptier your jar becomes and the better off you will become. Psychologists have explained that sharing your inner thoughts helps you further understand yourself and isn't that the goal of life?

I cannot stress enough how important it is to get things off of your chest to allow people to see inside you. To see the real you. Be true to yourself and your feelings and just talk. I promise it will help. Please always remember that talking about your feelings does NOT make you weak, it makes you strong.