Shane Dawson's YouTube Evolution

It seems like Shane Dawson's YouTube channel has been a staple since the rise of YouTube itself. Even if you weren't a fan, it was hard to miss his parodies and skits as they hit millions of views online. He was undoubtedly one of the first to become a legitimate celebrity solely because of his YouTube presence. But the days of over-the-top characters and song parodies have passed, and Shane's content has been undergoing a massive transformation.

His content has evolved from conspiracy theories and taste tests into longer, multi-part documentary-style series. Viewers have had the privilege of watching Shane grow as a person as well as a creator. Here are just a few of the reasons we've loved watching Shane's YouTube journey.

1. It's been endlessly entertaining.

From watching Shane's skits in the earlier days of his channel to eagerly awaiting the latest installment of his new video series, watching Shane's content has always been a lot of fun. Even though the nature and format of his videos have changed drastically, one thing that hasn't changed is his undeniable talent for entertaining.

2. We all want to be part of his squad.

Since shifting to a more documentary-style approach, Shane has featured a few of his closest friends in his videos. They tag along on his adventures and have become an integral part of Shane's channel. His squad is most often comprised of his boyfriend, Ryland Adams, Ryland's sister Morgan Adams, his friend Garrett Watts, and Andrew Siwicki, who was formerly just his cameraman. The group dynamic adds a whole other layer of fun and craziness to Shane's videos that his channel wouldn't be the same without.

3. We've gotten to see him grow.

Since Shane's channel has been a mainstay of YouTube for so many years, it's no surprise that Shane has changed as he has gotten older. Not only have we seen his content mature, but we've seen him change as a person as well. He's become more open about himself and his feelings, and has inspired many to live their lives as their true selves. Dawson came out as bisexual in 2015, and has openly discussed his struggles with his sexuality as well as his body image with his viewers. He's shown his audience that those in the spotlight have issues just like any other person.

4. He's genuine and always there for his fans.

Even from his earliest days, Shane has stayed humble and been nothing but loving towards his loyal fans. He's surprised friends and fans alike with gifts and acts of kindness. Recently, Shane said that he'd hold a meet and greet for those who came to the ill-fated TanaCon event that he was supposed to appear at. He also offered to help provide refunds to those who attended if the event company failed to do so.

5. He's an amazingly talented creator.

When it comes down to it, the continued success of Shane's YouTube career is owed to his talent as a creator. He puts his heart and soul into everything he makes, and it really shines through. He's passionate about what he does and it's easy to see. Shane's love for his craft and his fans is what makes him one of the best creators YouTube has ever seen.

Shane's evolution since the start of his channel has been entertaining, funny, inspiring, and endlessly enjoyable to watch. If you haven't seen much of Shane's newer content, it would be well worth your time to check it out. Hopefully, Shane will continue to take us on his adventures for years to come.