Shadowfox Contemporary Art Inspiration

Art Company Shadowfox Caught My Eye, And Has Opened The Possibilities For Myself As An Artist

After coming across some of the most abstract scenes and compositions, I began to create something of my own.

27
art

"A creative force" are the words that pop into view when you click on the Shadowfox website.

The first time I ever browsed their website was when I was given one of my final projects in a mixed media class my junior year at Illinois State University. For this project, we were instructed to create a visually engaging scene constructed from shets of laser-cut material. At the time, this was pretty intimidating. I was finally becoming comfortable using the laser-cutter without needed to ask a million questions on the settings and without worry of burning the entire building down. Nonetheless, I began to search for inspiration, leading me back to those words, "a creative force".

After sketching and researching for awhile, what I needed most was "a creative force" to sweep me away. Which is one of the reasons Shadowfox caught my eye. It was that, and the beautiful, and sometimes geometric or organic scenes the artist coveys in their work. From browsing the art gallery, I came across some of the most abstract scenes and compositions. Below are a handful of my favorites.

As I did more research on Shadowfox, I learned that each composition is unique and painted by the artist. In class, we had just had a conversation about prints and how they are affecting the art world. Some believe that duplicating art, for example, by covering paint on canvas, to a photograph, makes the art itself lose value and meaning. I myself would have to agree with this. By creating original, unique art, I believe that it has much more meaning and because of that, an artist can connect with its viewers on a much more personal level.

Shadowfox does just this by creating such different works of art, clearly unique to one another. As a mixed media artist, I enjoy the way Shadowfox combines both wood and paint to create depth and vibrancy. You can find on their site that they are "more than art" by offering more services than just these Shadowboxes, but also wood sculptures, up-cycled earrings, wooden pendants, lanterns, light pendants, design services, laser cutting/manufacturing services, and last but certainly not least, free high-fives and hugs.

After learning about this company, and finding the inspiration I needed, I began to start on my final project. I knew that I wanted to create something abstract, but still recognizable to the eye. Also, with a new found love for yoga, I began to sketch. This is the scene I came up with.

Once I was done with the sketch, I put traced the scene in illustrator, and cut out each layer separately with the laser cutter. Here's the final composition!

From this project, and because of the inspiration I found from Shadowfax, I am excited to see what more I can create with this idea that art should be unique, and original. I can't wait for my senior year as an Arts Technology student, and what more I will create with the laser cutter. Stay tuned for more works of art!