Sex Trafficking Is Happening In Your Neighborhood

Help End Human Trafficking In The Second Largest City

145
Google Images

Sex Trafficking.

Sex Trafficking is everywhere. It could be happening in your own neighborhood, it could be happening down the street, and it most certainly could be happening in your local grocery store parking lot. Michigan is the second largest state in the USA right after the first- Las Vegas. Surprised? You shouldn't be. Every 30 seconds someone becomes a victim of modern-day slavery. 1-2 % of the 27 million victims captive in this world are actually rescued. This is not something we can ignore. This is something we need to raise awareness for, especially for the many girls struggling out there. We need to do this for the girls that are held in bondage.

Grand Rapids: beer city, and the best place to raise a family.

Or so it seems. That's what we were voted for. But how many people know the truth? How many people know that behind closed doors, it certainly is not what it always seems.

Sex Trafficking destroys identity. It can, and will most definitely rip someone's soul to pieces. I've seen it first-hand while working with girls that have actually been saved from the human trafficking industry. From what I've seen, girls as young as 12 years old, but sometimes even younger. This is not a topic to be taken lightly, it is not something to forget about, and or turn a shoulder to. This is real stuff. We need to be aware of what is going on in our own community, and be on the lookout for things that could be happening in our very own neighborhood.

So, you are probably wondering what you can do to help make a difference.

The answer is, you can make a difference. You can make a difference in this community if you try. There are many ways to get involved, and different options to look into to help raise awareness especially if your heart is burning with passion to help these poor innocent lives.

The first step for you could be to sign up for the "The Freedom Walk" on October 15th, RIGHT HERE in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It is free, and it is to help raise awareness in this community as well as across the countries. On October 15th, over 250 cities will be taking a stand and coming together to raise awareness. Our goal for Grand Rapids is to get 1,000 people to participate in this walk and to help make a difference. It is through the A21 Campaign, and it such an honor to be able to be apart of this campaign here in Grand Rapids for the first year. Every 30 seconds another person is trafficked. we need YOU to help US make a difference. Sign up today to help your city and to make a difference:

a21.org/grandrapids