7 Products From Colourpop That You Need Right Now

Forget "Kylie Cosmetics" crazy expensive lip-kits. These are the products that you need NOW.

270
Emmywritesabout

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am completely obsessed with makeup. I love it all from drugstore to high end and everything in between. In April, I discovered an online-only brand called Colourpop and fell head over heels in love with their high quality products at prices lower than some drug store brands.

I have recommended Colourpop products to everyone that I know and even some people online who were looking for a cheap way to expand their makeup collection. Colourpop is also 100 percent cruelty-free and a lot of their products are vegan, unless marked otherwise.

However, I know that as a first time buyer, the website can seem very overwhelming, so I made the ultimate guide of my personal top products from Colourpop that you need to add to your makeup bag right now.

1. The “I Think I Love You” Palette

This past summer, Colourpop released their first eye shadow palette called “Yes. Please!” and they are not able to keep it in stock for longer than two hours since then. However, the most stunning palette released by them is their bronze and neutrals themed palette entitled, “I Think I Love You.” You receive 12 shadows, 4 mattes and 8 metallic, for just $16, and you can create endless amounts of looks with them. There are enough neutrals that you can rock a simple neutral look during the day and enough metallic shadows to create a darker, smoky look for night time. The options with this palette are endless.

2. Ultra Satin Lips

While Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Lips have made headlines for being insanely similar to Kylie Kardashian’s lip kits (fun fact: Colourpop and Kylie Cosmetics are owned by the same parent company, Seed Beauty), I personally find their Ultra Satin lip formula to be far superior. They are insanely pigmented, but comfortable to wear and non-drying. They boast a matte-satin finish that lasts all day long and is almost transfer-proof (from experience, I can say do not eat anything greasy while wearing these lippies). They go for $6 a pop or you can buy them in a value set for $18. Given the low prices, I can’t see how you wouldn’t want to add some fun new colors to your makeup collection.

3. Precision Brow Pencil

Colourpop mostly made a name for themselves in the business of selling eye and lip products, but their brow pencil is one of the best that I’ve ever used. They offer a wide array of colors for people with all different types of hair color with a micro-tip on one end and a spool on the other end. The product looks eerily similar to Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz which runs for $21 at Sephora, but Colourpop’s version goes for just $5. I can’t even think of a better deal.

4. No Filter Concealer

Finding a good concealer can be difficult and once you’ve found a good one, it is hard to want to try anything else. My go-to this summer was the popular Ulta exclusive, Tarte Shape Tape. When Colourpop launched their No Filter Concealers, I was wary, but I decided to try it out because they run for $6 as opposed to Shape Tape’s $27 price tag. I was so pleasantly surprised by the product. It is such an incredible everyday concealer that covers all your imperfections and dark circles without looking cakey or drying out your skin. The doe-foot application helps make sure the product is evenly spread and it comes in enough shades that just about everyone can find their right shade. As a bonus tip, it works incredibly well with L’Oreal’s Pro-Glow Foundation.

5. Super Shock Shadows

Perhaps the most unique product that Colourpop sells is their Super Shock Shadows. The individually potted shadows come in matte, satin, pearlized, ultra-glitter, ultra-metallic and metallic finishes. They are a crème to powder formula that can be applied with a synthetic brush or your fingers. All it takes is a single swipe of one shadow to make it look like you spent hours on a multi-dimensional eye look. I personally recommend the metallic and glitter shadows in the formula over the mattes because they are much more pigmented and look absolutely stunning on the eyes.

6. Ultra Glossy Lip

Metallic lips are all the rage this season and while Colourpop offers metallic lips, they are definitely my least favorite Colourpop product. However, their Ultra Glossy Lips offer the same effect and are absolutely stunning. They give you that beautiful, juicy gloss look that will take you back to the early 2000s, but in a good way. They are high shine, but also moisturizing and insanely comfortable to wear. I highly recommend the shade “Wolfie” for a beautiful, every day, fall shimmery look.

7. Any and All Highlighters

Highlighter is quickly becoming my favorite makeup product and Colourpop definitely stocks some of my favorites in my personal collection. Their Super Shock Highlighters deliver a punch of stunning shine and come in shades that are flattering for all skin-tones. Their pressure powder highlighters are just as beautiful and come in their own individual compacts or can be added to a magnetic empty palette. I absolutely adore the shades offered in the “Gimme More” highlighter palette and love the formula in that one. The only highlighters that I advise everyone to stay away from are the liquid crystal ones. They are thick and always ruin my makeup whenever I use them.

I hope the list has helped at least one person navigate the Colourpop website better. I highly recommend everyone check out the brand because almost everything that they launch tends to be a hit. Also, check them out when they launch in Sephora this holiday season. Happy shopping!