11 Common Thoughts A Fine Dining Cater Waiter May Have During Any Given Shift

Hi, my name is (insert name here), I'll be taking care of you today.

438

"Hi, my name is (insert name here), I'll be taking care of you today. May I start you off with something to drink?"

One of the first things you hear when your waiter (or waitress) first comes up to your table. Being a waiter and waitress is a common position for people to hold at least once in their life, often as a transitional phase or a college job.

Here are a few things that a fine dining cater waiter might just be thinking during any typical shift:

1. "Did I put the correct number of chicken /beef /pork on my note pad?"

waiter pad

And do the different positions/seats/chairs, etc match accordingly?

2. "Wow, this plate is hot."

hot plate

Whether its got food on it or just done being washed in the dish area.

3. "OK, I'm ready to go make some money, let's do this!"

money

Can never make enough.

4.  "What's the event for again?"

event waiter

Weddings, parties, galas, house openings, all of the above? Chances are if you've have been in this sort of position you have done at least one or more of these things.

5. "Must get the bride and groom some apps."

food

After all, not only are they the ones paying for it, but they are the reason the party is even taking place (if it is a wedding reception).

6. "How many of each item do I need to grab again?"

numbers

If its a sit down diner this is one of the most important things that you could need to know.

7. "Did he say red or white wine?"

red or white wine

Lord knows I can't get it wrong.

8. "Let me see what I can do?"

see what i can do

Said way too many times.

9. "Remember to smile"

smile

*Plasters a big smile on face and pretends to be having a good time*

10. What time does this event end again?

end

Can't come soon enough.

11. "I'm surrounded by all this good smelling food and I can't eat any of it."

hungry

Pure torture.