I Served The Lord In The Best Way, And So Should You

If you ever get the chance to serve at a Young Life camp, I promise you won't regret it.

100
Ellen Tucker

This past November, I served the Lord alongside twenty-one other college freshmen at a Young Life camp in Virginia. This was an experience that was new for me and for many of my friends.

I first went to that little camp in the mountains my senior year of high school. That was the first Young Life camp I'd ever been to.

I grew up in a Christian family, but I had never heard the words of God spoken in such a way that made sense to me.

After my weekend there, I swore that I'd be back. I also promised myself that I'd find a way to go to summer camp and I did.

The weekend that I visited Rockbridge, it was different. Instead of being there to have fun and hear the word of God, I was there to help other kids have that experience. It was amazing to be able to go behind the scenes of the craziness that happens during camp. Everything is planned perfectly and there are so many people there to make sure it goes smoothly. It's an experience I never thought I'd have.

To see kids going all-in with their relationship with Christ was such an awe-inspiring moment. I didn't know the kids, but it still made me a little emotional to watch. I remember how I felt when I was one of those kids.

If you ever get the chance to serve at a Young Life camp, I promise you won't regret it. Even if you only stay for the weekend, the experience is amazing no matter how long you're there.

Mark 10:45 says, "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."