Senior Year Survival Tips

Senior Year Survival Tips

Senior year of high school can be rough...so here's some tips on how to get through it.

14
Senior Year Survival Tips
U.S. News

You probably don't want me to say it, but school's going to start back up soon.

And, as someone who made it through high school (bless up), I believe I have some helpful tips for having a good last year of high school.

So, here goes.

1. Get on your college apps early.

I know, I know. It's really hard to do. But whatever you do early on in the year, you're going to be so grateful you have it done by the time apps are due. Things get really hectic senior year, as you have to balance having a social life, performing well academically, getting enough sleep, and applying to and visiting colleges. Try your best not to procrastinate on your applications, and you'll thank yourself later.

2. Get enough sleep.

Again, this is hard. But honestly, sometimes I think it's wise to sacrifice your performance on one piece of homework to get to bed earlier if that's what you have to do. Taking care of yourself is important, and sleep does affect your overall mood. So be sure to get to bed at a reasonable hour during senior year, even if it means sacrificing some things from time to time.

3. Work hard, but don't forget to have fun.

Yes, you should perform well academically because colleges look at your grades and may offer you scholarship money based on them. But don't get so caught up in academics that you don't have time to hang out with your friends. Have fun with your high school buds, because sadly, they won't always be around all the time once you go to college.

4. Take care of yourself.

This is really important. Grades and colleges don't matter as much as your mental health. If you notice you're getting really anxious or stressed, be sure to get help from loved ones or counseling if you need it. And as I've already mentioned, try to get enough sleep. Also, reward yourself when you accomplish goals, whether big or small.

I'm assuming that if you read this, you're probably going into senior year of high school. So, good luck senior year! You've got this.