To My Senior College Apartment, Let's Do This One Last Time

Cheers to you being my home.

51

To my college apartment,

As I move into for my senior year, it finally hits me. This is my last "move-in" day. Where I see all the college student lugging in stuff they can't live without. Keurigs, printers, comforters, the basic twinkle lights.

This is my last Welcome Week, where I will be helping the freshmen find out how to survive college. I am a senior now, so it is only a matter of months where I won't be living on this campus. I will be out in the world, making my own income and having to worry about other adult life things.

My senior year is going to be one for the books. I've made a platform for myself to be more engaging and to reach out to more people, and I believe I am ready now. This year, I will try everything and almost anything because I deserve it. My room has seen me too much: it saw me stress out over finals, it saw me cry when my friends passed away. But it also saw me when I had my first kiss with my boyfriend. I was there when I decided to apply for the best summer job ever.

So I want to thank it for being with me all this time. It is my home away from home. Frankly, it's starting to just become my home.

As I am putting up my own tapestry, my own lights, and my dream catcher above my head, I begin to think about all the incredible things that will happen to me this school year. This place will be where I hang out with friends and make memories. It will be a place that sets me for success in college and out in the real world as I look for my first post-grad home, wherever it may be.