8 End-Of-The-Semester Tips From Hermione Granger

Some guidance from the brightest witch of her age will surely help your grades.
163

Between all of the hijinks she got into with Harry and Ron, Hermione always found time to study her butt off and make sure she got nothing but perfect grades. But the question is, how did she do it? Here are some end-of-the-semester tips and motivation we muggles can use to get magical grades like Hermione.

1. Grades aren’t everything.

Of course, it is important to do well in school, but it isn’t the end of the world if you don’t do as good as you expected. Even Hermione knew that books and cleverness weren’t the most important things in life.

2. Don’t forget to relax.

Although it seemed like Hermione was always studying, she made sure to take some breaks in between and enjoy a butterbeer. Sometimes putting all of your focus into schoolwork can create more stress!

3. If you don’t understand something, don’t freak out.

Remember when Hermione couldn’t grasp the concept of Divination and abruptly left the class? Just because you don’t like a certain subject doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try. Do your best!

4. Surround yourself with good friends.

A good friend will always motivate you to do better. Harry and Ron were always telling Hermione how brilliant she was. Sometimes all you need is a little boost of confidence to do well.

5. There’s nothing wrong with asking for help.

Hermione would have never been able to make it to all of her classes if Professor McGonagall hadn’t given her a time turner in her third year. Don’t be afraid to ask your professor or classmates for help when you need it. Sometimes just a simple explanation can improve your understanding!

6. Get a head start.

Hermione was always finished reading her textbooks long before class even started. Being prepared early is much less stressful. Don't wait until the last minute!

7. Keep your priorities in order.

Hanging out with friends and causing trouble can be fun, but don't forget about the importance of school. Hermione always had her priorities straight, even though Ron and Harry disagreed with what they were. Making a list of upcoming projects and tests will help you stay on track.

8. Never underestimate yourself.

Although it was rare to see Hermione struggle in class, she never doubted her brain when there was a riddle in need of solving. Always remember that you can do anything you set your mind to!