A Selfish God?

A Selfish God?

Why did He create us only to glorify Him?

55
A Selfish God?
iDisciple

We were created for the sole purpose of glorifying God.

How selfish is it that He created us just so that we could give Him glory, eventually from every nation of the earth? It's easy for us to have this mindset. We are worldly, and He is the exact opposite. He has never in all of time been the slightest bit of anything other than a sinless creator.

If you were to choose a person in your life that you think would represent you well, who would you choose? A person that thinks highly of you, respects you, supports you, and loves you unconditionally. It's highly unlikely that you would choose an enemy, am I right? Odds are, you would choose a friend; your best friend.

John 15:15 says this:

"No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

God chose us to be His friends!

Recently I was listening to a song called "I Can't Believe" by Elevated Worship, and it says,

"How can it be, that you chose someone like me, to declare your praise, for the glory of your name?"

These lyrics are better expressed in 1 Peter 2:9 that says this:

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."

You see, God isn't a selfish God, because being selfish is being sinful. God was sinless, something no man could ever be. He chose us to be His friends because he knew He could depend on us to give Him glory in all circumstances. Even in bad times, we can glorify Him like it says in Romans 8:28:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Even the bad things that happen in life are working for good. It may be things in someone else's life or something later on in your life. We can always rely on the fact that God has a plan, whether we are aware of it or not. We are not meant to know or understand His plans all of the time, but we are meant to trust and follow His plans, no matter what the circumstances may be.

We were created for the sole purpose of glorifying God. In good times and bad, we are to give glory to Christ. He created us, and He chose us to be His friends. How cool is it that we can call Jesus our friend?

"Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.” Isaiah 43:7