Self-Worth Isn't Found On Social Media

Self-Worth Isn't Found On Social Media

Love Yourself.

30
Self-Worth Isn't Found On Social Media
Julia Radley

"Self-love requires courage. Have the strength to be who you are in a world that tries desperately to make you different. Never compromise to be who you are not." -Unknown

Love who you are and don't ever let anyone treat you less than what you deserve. Whether you are a girl or guy, love who you are and don't be afraid to walk away from someone who under values you or treats you poorly. Find someone who is going to put you on a pedestal and is afraid of losing you. Find that person, but before you do that you must love yourself first.

Unfortunately, we have grown up in a generation where social media is a priority. Now, I'm not saying technology is a bad thing but, we all rely on it way too much. We aren't living in the moment and, we care more about how many likes we get on a picture or a tweet than actually enjoying the moment. That is sad.

Most self-worth is defined by social media because people are constantly comparing themselves to what they think they should look like or what they think they should have based on other people's Instagram posts or tweets on Twitter. Both men and women look at those pictures or tweets and may think they aren't good enough from what they perceive is a better looking person, a more exciting life or someone smarter than themselves. So many people go around comparing themselves to others and don't even realize how silly they sound. Yeah, it would be nice to have a perfect body, perfect hair and perfect teeth, but that's not life. Nobody is perfect and every person has flaws. It is in our flaws that make us human. It's who we truly are that make us unique. Instead of striving to look a certain way, we should be happy in our own skin and know what it really means to love yourself. Your self-worth will always come from within.

Self-worth can be found anywhere, but it most definitely isn't going to be found online, in the mirror or even in another person. You CAN find self-worth on the court or field. Self-worth can be found in the classroom. Self-worth can be found in helping others. Self-worth can be found in knowing who you are as a person. Self-worth can be found in creativity. One thing for sure, it is found on the inside, not on the outside. Self-worth is knowing who you are and what you deserve in life.

What others think of you is not as important as what you think of yourself. Stop trying to be what everyone else wants you to be. Do what you love and do it well. When you're secure within, it doesn't matter what others think or say about you and, that is a most wonderful feeling.

So, please stop looking for your self-worth on social media. Each of us was born to stand out and be unique. We are all beautiful in our own different way and it's the things that make us different that make us worth the most.