Don't Judge The Person Reading 'Girl, Wash Your Face' Or Any Other Self-Help Book

It may seem cheesy to you, but it could be the only thing they are holding on to.

21

You can't miss them these days. There are a ton of self-help style books on the market from "You Are A Badass" to "Girl, Wash Your Face." Millions of copies of these books have been sold and people all over have been talking about how they have helped them through a tough time in their life.

I personally have read a few of these books. Most recently I picked up "Girl, Wash Your Face" by Rachel Hollis. I don't really know what I was looking for in the pages of these books. I was never under the illusion that this book was going to sort my life out for me, and if I'm being honest, I already knew a lot of the things that the author spells out for her readers. However, there was something comforting about seeing it printed out on a page.

These books catch a lot of crap on social media. I understand that they aren't for everyone, but I don't think the people who find some sort of comfort or inspiration in these books should be judged.

You never know where someone is at in their life. The words in these books may seem cheesy to some people, but they may be exactly what someone else needs to hear. There is a stereotype that these books are only for sorority girls who think that breaking up with their boyfriend is the end of the world. The truth is there are so many people who could benefit from a little self-reflection.

When you're at a low point in your life you want to grasp onto anything that makes you feel better. Whether it be a song, a fuzzy blanket, or a book that tells you numerous times that you're a badass.

Even if these books aren't your cup of tea try not to judge the next person you see walking around with a copy or posting a quote from it on Instagram. It may be the only thing they are holding on to.