Self-Care Drinks

Self-Care Drinks

Some warm drinks to help you through the next four years.

164
Self-Care Drinks
vo.msecnd.net

For some of us liberals, this has been a stressful change of White House administration. I myself will not be watching the inauguration, and will instead be travelling to D.C. to fight for the rights that a certain someone has been demonizing lately. Some of you may be participating in a sister march in your area or at least staying educated on the current events that are going down, and even that can be incredibly stressful. This week’s article is just a reminder that while you are fighting for what is right and concerning yourself with our nations well-being, you can’t forget to care about yourself. Take care of your body, mind, and soul. Eat healthy and get lots of rest, and find comfort in a hobby or tea. No matter what happens, at the end of the day you still need to be conscious and take care of yourself. Here is a list of warm drinks that might help get you through the next four(?) years.

Chai Tea: Bring crushed spices, cinnamon sticks, ginger, and milk to a boil. Add tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes

Warm Mulled Cider: Simmer apple cider with mulling spices, orange zest, and ginger.

Mexican Spiced Hot Cocoa: Add a touch of ground chipotle and cinnamon to your favorite hot cocoa.

Minty Hot Cocoa Float: A scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream transforms traditional hot cocoa into a dessert-like winter treat.

Mint Tea with Lavender

Any Mocha honestly

Good luck and don't forget about self care!