Self

Self

The self is truly the most powerful being in the universe...if we allow it to be.

11
Self

I'm not talking about power in the sense of authority, but more so in the sense of self purpose and spirituality.

Humans are complex, from our genetic makeup to the way our brains process concepts and emotions. We are born dependent on other humans and we develop over time until we eventually become independent. The age and stage of independence is different for each of us. However, I do believe independence is a precursor to understanding yourself. But maybe there's people who never want to understand themselves because they're scared to truly acknowledge their personality and the way they operate in society.

I don't believe in the concept of good people and bad people. I believe in yin and yang - where there's good mixed with bad and bad mixed with good. I believe that we are all born with a certain amount of good and bad within us and over the course of our lives some of us take in more bad than good, but some of us take in more good than bad. I believe this is how our values are ultimately created and our morals are established. There's lines some of us have no problem crossing while others would never dare to get near those lines. That's where the difference in humans appears - our beliefs and virtues which in turn make up our personalities.

The best part about the self is that we can change. We actually hold a significant amount of power in our own two hands that we can use to change ourselves for the better, but also for the worst. I realize we don't have the

power to control everything that happens to us, but we do have the ability to control how we react.