When Did The World Become Divided?

As A Country That Demands Respect And Equality, We Don't Treat Each Other That Way

I think we forgot that we are all human beings

99
https://unsplash.com/photos/8UG90AYPDW4

When did we become so divided as a country? When did we look at everyone and notice their skin color first? Why are we so entitled? Why do we blame our problems in this country on everyone else without taking a look at our own choices?

I am over people blaming our president for the racism that has sky-rocketed in America. I am over people stereotyping EVERY race. I am over us putting others into a specific category based off of how they look. I am over the preconceived racism. I am not the one to speak up strongly about political issues going on in society, because frankly no matter what I believe, someone will condemn me for it. However, I am speaking up about this.

When did we as humans start to believe that we were any better than the next person? The hypocrisy that is going on in the world right now floors me. There are so many political and activism movements about everyone should be treated equally when it comes to the workplace, school, etc. What about being treated equally in day-to-day social interaction? There are movements about how women should come together more. How come we push these topics so strongly over the media but we can't simply go to the grocery store and be nice to one another?

I am white. This does not mean that I automatically dislike every other race possible. This does not mean that I love Trump and every choice he makes. This does not mean I live a lavish life with no problems. I can not speak for every white, black, yellow, green, or red person(see it's just a color). But, I can speak for myself. I can say it is not fair because of "my ancestors", I am assumed to be the same as them. When do we let go of the past and focus on the now? When did we decide that choices that were made before either of us were even alive should decide the type of relationships we have now?

We are all humans. All lives matter. I understand that the statement, "Black lives matter." was created to stand up against police brutality. I fully stand behind the victims of police brutality, and each of those police officers was in the wrong. But, it is not JUST black people who have been victims. It is black people, Hispanic people, white people, or even mixed people. That's why I am saying that ALL lives matter. We need to have more compassion for one another. Someone needs to stop the judgment, the assumptions, the mean words, the dramatic media, it is a vicious circle.

I feel like this could be a rant and may just be me just rambling on. My final thoughts are I am not racist, I am not better than you, you are not better than me, and the color of our skin does not define what is underneath. The color of our skin does not hinder our ability to love everyone, regardless of their race, economic status, social status, or educational background. We are all given the same heart and mind. We decide how to use those.