Learning To See The Good Through The Season of Bad

Seeing The Good Through The Never-ending Season of Bad

It might not feel like it right now, but it does get better; eventually.

33

We all have our ups and downs. We all have our good times and our bad ones. We all have the decisions we describe as the best choices we have ever made and we all have the mistakes we would like to forget that we made. But at the end of the day, we are human and survived through the good, the bad, and the ugly.

If you are in your season of bad luck, this article is for you.

It feels like you just can't catch a break. Everything bad that could happen to you does.

Maybe, your car got hit and now you have to pay for all the damages. Maybe, the bills just keep adding up and you are still trying to find a way to pay it all off. Maybe, you are really struggling with your job and are looking for a new one but are having no luck finding one you like. Maybe, you just went through a nasty breakup and you are convinced you will never find love again. Maybe, you have experienced loss and are still learning how to cope with the grief and it all. Maybe, you are taking care of family while still trying to get your life together. Maybe, you just can't catch a break financially and your friends make you feel like shit for being smart with your money. Maybe, you have no idea what you want to do for the rest of your life. Maybe, you have no idea how you can pay for the education you need to achieve your dream job. Or maybe, everytime you think you have finally found a way to achieve your goals, someone or something knocks you back to square one.

Maybe, all the little things are starting to add up and you are starting to reach your breaking point.

Maybe, you feel like your bad luck is never going to end.

I am here to tell you that it does get better. And yes, I know you hear that all the time but it does get better. Every bad season has to come to an end eventually.

Eventually, the stress you are feeling now will fade. Eventually, you will find closure and will move forward with your life. Eventually, you will find love again. Eventually, your body will heal. Eventually, you will figure out a budget that works for you to work on your bills and still be able to afford to live. Eventually, you will figure out what you are meant to do in this crazy thing they call life. Eventually, you will find a job you enjoy and can see yourself doing long term. Eventually, you will learn healthy ways to cope with your loss and will learn that you will see your loved one again someday. Eventually, all the pieces will fall into place.

But until your season of bad starts to change, remember these 6 things:

1. You are loved and appreciated.
  2. There is a reason for everything.
  3. You will learn and grow from this experience.
  4. If this feels like rock bottom, the only direction you can go from there is up.
  5. You are not alone.
  6. It does get better, in time.