7 Best Gifts To Get For Secret Santa

7 Useful Gifts To Buy If You've Been Dragged Into Yet Another Secret Santa

If you're running out of time before your Secret Santa deadline, here's the gift guide you've been waiting for.

659

When December rolls around, you can count on Christmas lights, music, and advertising. Something else we all expect is to be roped into multiple groups who're doing Secret Santa. This December I've found myself distraught and indecisive when buying gifts, so I hope this guide can save you from the same downfall.

1. Oil Diffuser

Flickr

Whether your friend has an oil diffuser or not, they'll gladly accept another one. In the case that they've never owned one, I bet they've been contemplating buying one for months. Oil diffusers allow you to fill your room with a variety of essential oils, so the benefits are endless. Some of the most important oils I use are lavender for relaxation, peppermint for nausea, and eucalyptus oil for congestion.

2. Google Home Mini

Flickr

Consider the kind of person you're buying for. If your friend is a busy person, audiophile, or just enjoys interesting tech, I'd suggest taking a look at the Google Home Mini. Using only your voice, this speaker allows you to make calendar events, play music from Spotify, turn on Netflix, and even play audio-based games. Depending on the time of year you purchase it, and the seller you choose, you can get the speaker for a Secret Santa-oriented price.

3. Coup: Board / Card Game

Casual Effects

Most people cite Monopoly for ruining friendships, but those people have never played Coup. In this game, you take the identity of the head of a family in an Italian city-state. You must cheat, lie, bluff, and do whatever it takes to win the game. There are no rules. At first your friend group will play timed and by the rules, but when you all start to get the hang of it, things get nasty. Running around 12 dollars, Coup is an easy on the wallet, and rich with excitement.

4. Socks, honestly, socks

Photo by Hunter Johnson on Unsplash

The last thing you would expect someone to enjoy receiving is socks. But think about it, how many socks do you lose every year? How many socks disappear in the dryer? Socks are inexpensive gifts and when used correctly, you can get your friend a gift they'll love and appreciate. You're not limited at all, you can buy socks for athletes, bookworms, etc. You have the choice of athletic socks, cozy socks, gag socks, and just a huge pack of generic socks. Socks are way more useful than a key chain or another mug.

5. Tile Mate Key Finder

Flickr

"Short-term memory can hold up to 7 pieces of information at the same time... But only for around 20 seconds," according to southtree.com, so how can we expect to remember everything? For your friends who are forgetful or easily lose their belongings, buy them the Tile Mate. The Tile Mate is a GPS-powered fob that you can attack to mostly anything in order to make sure you don't lose it. You can locate the item using an app on your phone. Running around $25, it's in a wallet-friendly price range and is still incredibly functional. Just don't let them lose both their keys and their phone.

6. Skin Care Set

Photo by Charisse Kenion on Unsplash

These days, skin care has become more of a hobby rather than a routine. You should ask around and get hints on your friend's skin type or favorite brands so you're sure to buy the correct products. Giving your friend the gift of a skin care set can help them relax and boost their self-confidence. You can't go wrong with a gift that they'll appreciate every morning and night.

7. Hydroflask

Photo by Shrey Gupta on Unsplash

Whether your friend is a water fiend, coffee maniac, smoothie junkie, the Hydroflask is the best gift to buy them. Although the bottles are pricey, they're worth it because when holding a drink "Cold stays icy cold up to 24 hours. Hot stays steaming hot up to 6 hours," via Hydroflask. They carry a variety of different vacuum-sealed containers. There's bottles for coffee, wine, beer, and they even have a line of baby clothes.