A Seasonal Guide To Choosing Your Nail Polish Color

Which will you be showing off this month?

2452
Flickr

To some, having our nails polished is a necessity. It is equally as important as doing our hair, or putting on any dress, or accessory. It is the finishing touch to any look, and honestly, it can make or break it.

Whether your trip to the nail salon is the best part of your week, or you’re someone who hasn’t seen color on their fingernails in years, here are the best seasonal colors for anyone!

Fall

First thoughts of fall might jog our memory of the leaves changing, picking apples from trees, or the sweet smell of cider or fresh pie baking in the oven. Although we may not look forward to back to school, we certainly do look forward to carving pumpkins and decorating for holidays, like Halloween in October. We prep ourselves all month of November, in preparation for the food coma we enter on thanksgiving; a meal spent with family or friends. With this, our top nail choices for fall should be a deep red or burgundy, shades of brown, sparkly golds, dark oranges, neutrals, or gray-purples. How about giving one of these a try with your new flannel and riding boots?

Winter

When we think of winter, we often want to curl up under the covers, or near a fireplace, with a mug of hot chocolate in hand. It is associated with cold weather, lots of layers, snowflakes, igloos, and snowmen. Lights, trees, menorahs, and decorations fill any neighborhood, as many are anxiously awaiting holiday festivities and the upcoming new year. We tend to stick to dark colors in the winter. Try walking into your function with a royal blue, silver, dark red or maroon, forest green, gray, black, or dark purple on your nails. To take it a step further, it can’t hurt to add a little sparkle to your holiday season!

Spring

With lots of rain, flowers blooming, and the emergence of warm weather, spring directions our attention to nature, and brings a calming sensation over us all. We look forward to spring break, whether we are going on a trip or simply enjoying our time to relax from school work and celebrate Easter or Passover. Our nail color choices should reflect this soothing yet vibrant season, with choices along the lines of bright or light pinks and purples, magenta, coral, turquoise, or if you’re feeling bold, even a green or sunflower yellow!

Summer

To many, summer is the best season of them all. No school, beach weather, the soothing sound of the ocean, and our chance to travel, and rock our new bathing suits or open-toed shoes! In these months of relaxation, we spend our time soaking up sunshine and can devote way more time and attention to our nails. Just like the winter season contrasts with summer, their colors are often opposites as well. Light colors seem to be the best summer recommendations, so, selecting whites, faint pinks, pastel blues or purples, or even a seafoam green will be sure to compliment even the freshest of tans!

From Your Site Articles