the third season of designated survivor has great potential

Season Three Of 'Designated Survivor' Will Shake Things Up On Netflix

Kiefer Sutherland and his co-stars return on Netflix for the hit political drama as his character, President Kirkman, will face new obstacles in season three while in the Oval Office.

41
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx3B33wgSRT/

"Designated Survivor" is returning for its third season on Netflix. The hit political drama was dropped by ABC after two seasons. Netflix picked it up and the third season is here in 2019. The show stars Kiefer Sutherland as President Tom Kirkman. After an attack on the U.S. capital in season one, the former secretary of Housing and Urban Development becomes the leader of the free world. Throughout the first two seasons, the new President manages to heal a country and rebuild its government. Sutherland returns for season three along with other series stars Adan Canto, Italia Ricci, Kal Penn, and Maggie Q.

Designated Survivor: Season 3 | Official Trailer | Netflix [HD]

There is a large build up of hype for the presumably final season after the trailer was released recently. We learn from the trailer that President Kirkman will have to run for re-election in season three. So far in the series, we have not seen this president in the heat of a campaign. This new dimension of the series will allow Kirman to show off his campaign, debate, and rhetoric skills. Sutherland has done well in the first two seasons playing the character. He is not a typical politician and Sutherland does a tremendous job selling it.

Season two ended on a cliffhanger — as some political dramas do. Kirkman's staff is altered, Kirkman and an old friend are about to clash, and Maggie Q's character, FBI agent Hannah Wells, stumbles on a major tip in her investigation. Not all fans enjoy cliffhangers, but thus far, "Designated Survivor" has brought audience legitimate dramatic moments. Season three could have some answers to the questions fans have about the end of season two, as well as new dilemmas for the characters. "Designated Survivor" has been known for its twists and turns. There is no doubt that season three will continue this trend and deliver some truly jaw-dropping moments.

The third season will be different. After ABC dropped the series, Netflix swooped in and saved the series for a third season. Loyal fans of the political drama should be curious about the changes to the series under the umbrella of Netflix. Fans of the show have had two previous seasons to become connected with established characters. Under the new guard of Netflix, the show can take a number of new courses. This means new characters, plots, conflicts, and drama. It will be enjoyable for fans and critics to analyze the new transition under from ABC to Netflix.

"Designated Survivor" has followed the rising political career of Tom Kirkman. He went from a low-level cabinet secretary to President of the United States. Sutherland's portrayal of Kirkman may be one of fiction's best Presidents on television. It may even rival Martin Sheen's Jed Bartlet from "The West Wing." His character had to do something Bartlet never did, rebuild a nation after its entire government was destroyed. Watching this character grow and develop in new situations is the heartbeat of the show. Kirkman became President out of the blue, was shot at, and lost his wife. Seeing him learn and adjust in this new life of his has been a thrill. A thrill that will surely continue in season three of "Designated Survivor."