A Review Of MTV's 'Scream' Season Three

A Review Of MTV's 'Scream' Season Three

A review now that it is on Netflix.

24
A Review Of MTV's 'Scream' Season Three

I was an avid watcher of the "Scream" movies a couple of years ago. When MTV came out with a television spin-off a couple of years ago I was super excited. I watched the first two seasons when it was on TV religiously and I absolutely loved it. So imagine my surprise when I go on Netflix earlier today to find that they made a season three.

I started watching it and was shocked. There is a whole new cast, whole new backstories, and a whole new ghost face. This is a completely different show, so why is it considered season three. So far there are no ties to the original characters or any of the plot from the first two seasons. It bothers me that it is considered season three when it is a completely different thing.

Now don't get me wrong, it's a good show. The cast is full of people from different things, such as Tyler Posey and Keke Palmer, so it isn't like there isn't talent. I just am unsure if I like how they changed everything for the new season instead of following the same people or even continue where the plot left off only with a couple of new people thrown in.

I say this because the ending of season two episode thirteen, Finale: Halloween/Halloween 2, left it so that we could have a continued story with the same people. The killer from season two or one that was connected was still on the rise and free. But now we start off this new season with no mention of the past or any connection to it.

Again I say, it is a good show. It leaves you questioning everyone and wondering who is next, it just seems like a rehashing almost. And it keeps making quips about how reboots are never as good as the original, and I have to agree. The first two seasons are definitely better, but it is still good for what it is.