9 Nerdy Pickup Lines That'll Attract Any Science Lover

9 Nerdy Pickup Lines That'll Attract Any Science Lover So They Want To Experiment With YOU

Spark that chemistry right from the start.

4349

Our world is so full of such sadness, and sometimes we just need something to bond us to one another. What better way than science puns? They're not just for the intellectuals among us (though they might get a bit more of a laugh out of some of these than us more ignorant folks) they're also for those of us who want a good laugh or maybe to impress a particularly science-y crush. Some of these puns might even teach us.

1. Are you an exothermic reaction? Because you spread hotness everywhere.

There are two types of chemical reactions: exothermic reactions and endothermic reactions. Exothermic meaning releasing heat into the world and replace weak bonds with stronger bonds. Endothermic is the opposite: absorbing heat from the environment.

2. I'm so attracted to you that scientists will have to name a fifth fundamental force.

The four fundamental forces are gravity, the weak force, electromagnetism, and the strong force.

3. Are you made of Copper and Tellurium? Because you are CuTe!

Copper (Cu) is number 29 on the periodic table of elements and in group 11.

Tellurium (Te) is number 52 on the periodic table and is in group 16.

4. Are you oxygen? I can't breath--or do any other basic life functioning--without you.

Oxygen along with hydrogen, phosphorus, nitrogen, carbon, and sulfur.

5. Why is it wrong for a physicist and biologist to get into a relationship? Duh, there's no chemistry.

There's really no explaining this. Every good relationship needs chemistry even other types of scientists.

6. Who is the smartest monster of them all? FrankEinstein.

Here's a spooky one for you! This is a play on the theorist, Albert Einstein. He revolutionized the world with his theory of relativity along with so many other things.

7. What did the biologist wear on his first date? A button-up and his designer genes.

The biologist as well as his date would both be sporting genes but maybe his date's just aren't as good. Your genes make up who you are and we get our genes from our parents and other biological relatives.

8. "The name's Bond. Ionic bond. Taken, not shared."

In chemistry, there are different bonds that hold elements together to make up the things in our world. Ionic, covalent, and metallic bonds are the stronger bonds while dipole-dipole, hydrogen, and London Forces are the weaker of the bonds. Of course, any quote (parody or no) about the spy, James Bond would have to include one of the strongest bond types. And because it is strong, it does not have to share its electrons. It takes what it needs.

9. What did one hungry plant say to another? I could use a light snack.

Plants use light — photosynthesis — as their source of energy. So, the plant's snack is the light and light has a very small amount of weight (all energy has weight) compared to most other things, it is also a "light snack."

Follow Swoon on Instagram.