10 Great Science Fiction Movies Everyone Should Watch

Science fiction movies are some of the best movies to watch.

31
comfreak

Who doesn't love a great science fiction movie? So here is a list of some of the best SCI-Fi movies. These are in no particular order because everyone rates their favorites differently.

1. Star Wars

Clovis_Cheminot

Now, you will have some people argue that Star Trek is better. For me, I like both, the first star wars trilogy is by far my favorite. I think they have done okay with the sequels that have been coming out since the early 2000s with the exception of JARJAR binks.

2. E.T.

Couleur

E.T. The Extraterrestrial is a classic Steven Spielberg movie. I grew up on E.T. and it is one of the classics that should never be remade. We have two many movies that are being remade, and they are not even close to the original.

3. Superman

tweetyspics

The original Superman by Richard Donner and Christopher Reeves as Superman was one of the best out of the series. Superman Returns was a complete mess and Man Of Steel was better but I don't think it lives up to the original.

4. The Arrival

tombud

The Arrival is a newer SCI-Fi movie, and it was so well done - powerful content, strong effects, and wonderful performances; telling a story that is related to so many other great movies.

5. Stargate

Janson_G

Stargate is cult classic. This movie spawns a TV show which also spawned many spin-offs. And of course, the movie also had the great Kurt Russel and James Spader.

6. The Matrix trilogy

designwebjae

The Matrix changed the way we see effects in science fiction movies. The story was well written for the first movie. The second was okay, and the third needed a lot of work. But the first one was a masterpiece.

7. Terminator

ThedigitalArtist

For a movie that was made in the late '80s and the sequel in the early '90s, Arnold Schwartzenegger did a great job in these movies. The first 2 were the best ones. The sequels have never lived up to the first ones.

8. The Fifth Element

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u14pLHV3Vw

This is one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies. This is another cult classic. And even though there are parts that are campy and cheesy, that is what helps make the movie so good. For its time, it was a beautiful movie.

9. Planet of the Apes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hmkdScppDQ

Now with these movies, I like the original but I prefer the new ones. They are well-acted. The apes are so well done and the story was well crafted, and every one of them have been enjoyable. I recommend them.

10. Jurassic Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSM8GcShChk

Jurassic Park is a classic. The first 2 movies were out of the park great. The third we should not talk about. And when they made Jurassic World the first one again was great but the second needed work. But who doesn't like dinosaurs and people playing god? There's nothing better than seeing people being chased by a T-Rex.

These are just some of the great science fiction films that are out there. These are some of my favorites.