17 Schmidt Quotes That Capture Your New Year's Eve Plans

17 Schmidt One-Liners From ‘New Girl’ That Perfectly Capture Your New Year’s Eve Plans

"Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!"

532
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiWAk8UnhdO/
FOX

Who is one of the funniest, witty yet undoubtedly iconic characters on television? Schmidt.

No matter your opinion of New Girl (even though your opinion should be ~amazing~), Schmidt's personality and memorable one-liners added to the show's personality arguably more than any other character's role.

Whether it was remarking on his Jewish heritage, the Douchebag Jar or his never-ending obsession for CeCe, New Girl viewers always knew that some sort of comic relief was guaranteed in virtually every episode.

So, what better way to ring in the New Year (is anyone else desperately waiting for 2018 to end?) than by celebrating Schmidt's epic-ness?

Your friends offer you a plan and you initially think "Why would I want to do this to myself?"

Then you come around and realize you don't want to experience any FOMO:

Oh, how we don't know what we're getting ourselves into.

When all of the underage kids plague the bars you're trying to get into

Not to mention they make the lines 3x longer!!!

When our New Year's Resolutions are more important than anyone else's

Realizing you have to make it to at LEAST 1 a.m. before it's acceptable to leave

"The open bar will be $150 for 9 p.m. to 12 a.m."

Not to mention the cost of all of your Ubers!!

Asking your friends on January 1st what you did last night because your memories are a little ~foggy~

Picking the perfect outfit to wear into the New Year isn't always the easiest!

Dress to impress ALWAYS.

Overreacting when your friends tell you they'll save your spot in the 3-hour line to get in

So you threaten everyone in line around you just in case they think about kicking you off 

It's (supposed to be) the most wonderful time of the year...

Singing "New York, New York" as you watch the ball drop in Times Square 

Then question why millions of people would stand out in the cold to watch it...

Passing by THAT girl who's puking before midnight in the bathroom-unless you are THAT girl, but don't be her

Trying DESPERATELY to get the bartender's attention so you can make the most of that $150 open bar

Apparently, yelling in their face isn't the most effective way to get your drink.

When you're trying to identify your friend across the overcrowded party you're sweating at

Then you spot those two people who just met making out during the countdown to midnight 

None of us really know what's happening, but we can't look away.

Realizing why 2019 needs to come right NOW and not a second later (and getting really, really excited)

I mean, movies are pretty much all sequels now.

And finally, the perfect description of any New Years party, ever

But we'll do it all next year, anyway!