Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark: 2019 Film

You didn't have a childhood if you didn't read those creepy books.

14

I'm sure everyone remembers those legendary short stories from the super popular "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" series. If you don't, obviously you lived under a huge rock when you were little.

My favorite genre of literally anything is horror. Sometimes I second guess if I'm lowkey a dark person because of how much I enjoy it. When I first saw the trailer for this, I was fairly excited. But I won't lie, it did make me a bit nervous. Although I'm completely obsessed with spirits, serial killers, and urban legends, I have seen my fair share of terrible horrible films in my lifetime. Honestly, it irritates me when a seemingly great screenplay is ruined by poor acting or camera effects. I thought to myself, "I'm not sure if this will be great."

then it finally made it's debut, but I usually never see a film the day it premiers, why torture yourself with not being able to get a comfortable seat. Anyways, an entire month went by before I finally made arrangements to check it out. It wasn't anything to necessarily brag about, but it was way better than I expected.

I was shocked that the creepy characters actually looked exactly like they were described in the books; great job to the costume designers! Maybe since I have grown up, it takes a lot to shake me up. The horror and violence committed against the characters were a bit cheesy, but I can totally see why someone younger than me would be frightened. Also, certain camera effects shocked me! In a good way; I felt that time and effort were put into reviving a childhood creep factor. The acting was not too bad either; if anything, the actors and actresses played their roles exactly how I thought they would.

I applaud everyone who worked on this project, thank you for filling my head with those scary characters again.