Say Goodbye To The Guy Who Will Never Love You Back

"He's a sucky person!" -Lauren Conrad

904

I want to start by saying that this article is dedicated to my friends who are stuck on a guy who sucks the life out of them like a leech on their skin, who makes them feel like shit, and who doesn’t see their worth. You, my friend, deserve way better than what he is giving to you. You deserve to be treated like Cinderella at the ball, like the princess you are. You deserve to be loved by a guy who’s world stops when he looks at you. You deserve all the best in the world, and the guy you are hung up on , the one who only calls you at 3:00 am after he had one too many rum and cokes, but doesn’t give you the time of day when his friends are around or when the sun shines, that guy doesn’t deserve anything from you. He deserves none of your time, because you deserve more, you deserve better.

So my dear friends, and to all the girls out there who are in the same situation (I know you’re out there) please listen carefully to the words written on this page. It’s time to cut the chord with this no good guy who we'll name Chad for this article, mostly because I’ve never met a Chad that I liked and because of the Chad from this season of The Bachelorette. It is time to say goodbye to Chad, because you deserve more than what Chad is offering.

First things first is that you have to cut all ties to Chad. The less of Chad you can see or hear the better! That means delete his phone number, block it if you know you have no self-control after two glasses of wine and you know you might call him after listening to Views for too long. Delete him on SnapChat, because we both know that seeing him out with other people, especially other girls, drives you up a wall. If you have to unfollow him on Twitter and Instagram as well, because the less you know about what he’s doing, who he’s with, and who he’s paying attention too, the better off you are.

Secondly, I want you to look in the mirror. I’m not kidding, get up and look in the mirror, look deeply at yourself. Now, scream as loudly as possible without causing a neighbor to call 911, scream “I am beautiful.” Now, believe it. The sooner you can see your own self-worth the better life will be for you, I promise. Life is way too short to not realize how amazing you are. Life is way too short to waste time on a guy who can’t realize how amazing you truly are, his loss.

Girls spend their lifetime watching and reading thousands upon thousands of romantic comedies and fairy tales, which lead us to believe that there are guys out there who are true gentlemen. That treat women as though they are precious china. Who if handled the wrong way would shatter into millions of little pieces. I believe these guys are actually out there, we are just too damn blind to see them. I think that there are really guys out there who will love my girlfriends as much as Noah loves Ally in The Notebook, guys who will do just about anything for them like Tom does for Summer in 500 Days of Summer, and men who will love them so much that they will stand outside their bedroom window with a boombox over their heads like Lloyd does in Say Anything, because that’s the kind of crazy love we all deserve. In the novel This Is Where I Leave You by Johnathon Tropper, he writes it best saying, “If you want to know where all the good guys are, we’re standing right in front of you, lacking the balls to actually make ourselves heard.”

So, ladies say goodbye to the Chad in your life because we all know it is a total waste of your time. The sooner you let go of this non-love, the sooner you can let yourself be truly loved the way you want to, the way you need to. The quicker you kick Chad to the curb the more enriched your life can be. Please let go of this toxic waste in your life not only for me, but for yourself. Do it because you are an extraordinary human being with extreme worth, who is smart, capable, beautiful and caring. Do it because you deserve to give your heart to someone who will give it back. It is time to say goodbye to the guy who will never love you the way you love him.