3 Ways College Students Can Save Money At Chipotle

Time to go to Chipotle with some extra dough your pocket.

41
orijinal / Flickr

I'm pretty sure Chipotle has become a household name to all college students. It's easy, fast, and delicious. But I think we can all agree when I say Chipotle can be pricey. Have no fear. I have three easy ways for you to save $$$ at Chipotle that won't make the employees despise you.

1. Order a burrito with a tortilla on the side

The burrito bowl is the meal that provides the best bang for your buck. The circumference size of the bowl is larger than that of the burrito bread. You may be thinking... well now if I get the burrito bowl, I'll miss out on the tortilla. NOPE. You will not miss out that delicious, warm bread because I have the hack for you. When you order at Chipotle, ask for a burrito bowl. Then, when the cashier asks you if you want chips.. well ya add those chips I know you can't resist. But after that ask for a plain tortilla on the side. Now you have your own burrito. And if you can't fold a burrito I have got the video for you right here.

2. Code Word When You Want More Meat: A lot

If you want a large heap of meat, say "(insert desired meat here) and a lot please." Do not use the word "extra" or "another serving." This is code for "this sucker is paying extra." You don't want to pay extra. You want extra but to get extra you got to say "a lot" not "extra." Capisci?

3. Not This But That

There may be a fixing of something you don't want in your meal. For me, it's beans. If you want to get the most of the food you do want, first state what you don't want then follow with what you do want. Example: No beans, but rice, please. It is likely that this way of explaining will subconsciously make the employee compensate for what you aren't getting. Extra cilantro-lime brown rice for me!

Time to go to Chipotle with some extra $$$ in your pocket.