Sausage Party Review: Food Fight Done Right

This movie is as raunchy as that bun looks.

195
https://twitter.com/sausage_party?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Well f**k. This movie, this f**king movie, has more dick jokes, sex jokes, innuendo jokes and in-her-end-do jokes than a Bob Saget stand-up special. If that's your type of humor, then you can find some joy in this film. If not, then you'll end up wasting your money on it.

Almost every character outside the main three, Frank, Brenda and Barry, portray a race in its most stereotypical way. Jewish bagels feuding with an Arab burrito wrap, I think, about space, a Native American bottle of sauce complaining about the "crackers" taking his land and so much more. At the very beginning of this movie, it hammers in that it is a R-rated movie with as much cursing as it can cram in a minute. I've seen people walk out the theaters because certain jokes crept under their skin the wrong way. This movie has as much fun possible with its R rating as it can without showing any naughty bits. I could handle the offensive jokes but the constant cursing felt forced a lot of the times. However, I still had fun watching this movie.

Sausage party is chock full of laughs, just like anything with the name party in it should be. All of the characters made me laugh at least once and the villain fitted his character to a hilarious T. My favorite jokes in the film, which was shown off in the trailers, was when the film would show the absolute cruelty that is eating food. The screen would darken to give it that sinister feel. All the humans would have their steps echoed like giants and have their eyes turn beady red. It's overdramatic in a funny way and I love it. My favorite character has to be Brenda since her sharp tongue that she lashed at everyone had me giggling each time. Also, it might be obvious but you don't want to eat while watching this. You're going to look at your food real awkwardly if you do, especially during the last scene. I would recommend watching this movie if you're not easily offended. It makes fun of a lot of things in our world and makes it seem silly when applied to food.