Sarah J Maas is must read author

Sarah J. Maas Is A Must Read Author

It is amazing to realize that Maas wrote the first version of "Throne of Glass" when she was just 16.

274
Sarah J. Maas Is A Must Read Author

Sarah J. Maas is best known for her novel "Throne of Glass" which follows a young heroine named Celaena. Celaena is an assassin who is given the chance to win her freedom in a game against other assassins, however, trouble is brewing, and there may be more at stake than just one's freedom.

The latest series Maas has written is "A Court of Thorns and Roses" or ACOTAR. The series again follows a young woman who has been taken by the High Lord of Spring for killing a wolf. The series follows the real reason she's there as well as the true heart behind the masks.

Maas has written a total of 13 books, not including coloring books, and she is still writing. There is also set to be a game released based on "Throne of Glass." Each book is fast-paced but not in the way that would normally annoy typical reader enthusiasts. The book's pace makes sense for a plot set in a war — things happen suddenly and nothing is ever planned.

Even the endings were more satisfying in that not everyone gets their happily ever after. There are going to be losses. Characters will have brokenness and an aura of sadness that are going to be part of a plot, including more heavy themes. My one critique is the ending for the ACOTAR series is that it seemed to end abruptly compared to the "Throne of Glass" novels which held the battles and war over multiple books and not just one big battle in the last few chapters.

However, Maas does an excellent job creating imperfect characters doing their best to be their best for the greater good. This ultimately leaves the readers greatly attached to the characters, and quite frankly I am still not ready to let them go in either series, which is probably why it's no surprise that both series have made the New York Times Bestsellers List.

It is slightly disappointing that her website has not been updated for a while, serving as evidence for the lack of news and the promotion of the last book of "Throne of Glass" being released in late 2018.

It is amazing to realize that Maas wrote the first version of "Throne of Glass" when she was just 16. Now her books are sold in 35 different languages. Making her an international best-selling author. Not to mention, the books are widely popular in the United States as well.

Overall I would highly recommend picking up one of her books if you are looking for your next book series. Also, a pro is that the rights to Throne of Glass have been purchased to be made into a Hulu show although no further update has been given since the rights sold, while ACOTAR movie rights are up for bid currently.