New Dance School Taking the Stage: Sara Jean Dance Company

With the pandemic calming down, local businesses on Long Island are allowed to open, including dance schools. This brand new dance company is ready to share their passion for the art and teach kids how to express themselves through dance.

1295

Twenty-two-year-old, Sara Jean Haas has been in love with dance since she was basically born. At two and half years old she began to dance and not long after that she knew that dance was her passion. She lived in Smithtown, graduated from Smithtown West, and then went on to get her degree at Sacred Heart University. She studied business and danced for their division 1, nationally ranked dance team for four years. She has now come back to her hometown and is ready to use her passion to help others find the same love for dance that she has always had.

At only twenty-two years old, Sara is about to live her dream and own her own dance company.

August 1st will be the grand opening of Sara Jean Dance Company: a dance school for ages 2 and older, for people interested in learning a large variety of styles including kinder combo, ballet, technique/stretch, jazz, hip hop, musical theater, lyrical/contemporary, tap, kickline/pom, and "Off ice Training." There will be recreational classes along with competition classes, differently-abled classes, adult dance, and adult Zumba. For students interested in competing for the Sara Jean Dance Company in group dances, solos, duos, or trios, auditions will be held the week of August 24. Summer programs will also be available starting August for Monday through Fridays which is great for kids who are looking to get active while off of school. The summer programs include morning sessions (9 A.M. to noon) or afternoon sessions (1 P.M. - 4 P.M.) The season will be starting on September 7th, 2020.

Sara Jean Haas

The inside of the building is all getting redone and so far looks absolutely beautiful. The dance rooms have tall ceilings, beautiful mirrors covering walls, and floors that are perfect for turning. The large building has lots of potentials to be an amazing studio and it clearly will be.

Sara's fun and caring personality, her strong love for dance, and her knowledge of business management all show that this dance company really is going to be spectacular. Sara is driven to use her love of dance to show people how to gain confidence, how to express themselves, how to love being active, and how to be the best dancer they can be. Sara wants to use this company to create a wonderful family and team, and shape people's lives for the better.

I am looking forward to being a dance instructor at this brand new dance company. I have been dancing for 15 years and have wanted to teach dance since I was little. This school has welcomed me with open arms and I am excited to be a part of the Sara Jean Dance Company family.

Email: sarajeandancecompany@gmail.com

Phone Number: (631) 780-6833

Located: 975 Jericho Turnpike Smithtown, NY, 11787