San Diego Deserves A Spot On Your Travel Destination Bucket List
Travel

These are just a few of San Diego's most iconic destinations.

50

San Diego, alongside New York City and Chicago, is one of the most sought after cities to visit in the U.S. San Diego has a lot to offer for restaurants and tourist destinations, but what really makes the trip worth it is the perfect weather and these five known, and not so well known spots in town.

Balboa Park.

Balboa park consists of, well a park, but also many museums, restaurants, and a botanical garden (shown above). At night the whole park is lit up with very bright lights that accentuates the beautiful architecture.

La Jolla Cove.

La Jolla is well known for its fancy restaurants and houses, but the main attraction is the cove. There you can find seals lounging on the beach of the cove. If you're lucky enough to catch a low tide you can walk down the cliffs ever so carefully to find yourself looking up to one of the most spectacular cliffside around.

Sunset Cliffs.

Sunset Cliffs are well described by its name, the perfect cliff to catch the beautiful sunsets that San Diego has to offer. in addition to the beautiful sunsets, you can find yourself able to jump off these cliffs and explore the little caves that are well preserved in the cliffs, although you have to be careful, when it is low tide I would not plan on jumping due to the water level being so low, when its high tide, feel free to take a leap of faith into this beautiful sunset cliffside.

Gaslamp Quarter

Flickr

After your all-day adventure on the coast, make sure to stop by the Gaslamp District to either relax at a restaurant or if you want to have an exciting night there's plenty of nightclubs and bars that you can hop to and from. My personal recommendations for night time activities would be; Omnia night club and prohibition lounge, the perfect place to have a great night out.

SS Monte Carlo

In 1937, the concrete ship broke from its anchor in Coronado and washed ashore. The ship can be seen at low tide, and can also be seen during storms. The beach where the ship washed up is called "Shipwreck Beach." Super cool for pictures and a little known gem in San Diego.