Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Note 8 review
2529

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 had a rather disastrous launch, with many of the phones being recalled for exploding battery issues. But the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is here to show that the Note series is better than ever and it can survive without that much of a problem.

Display and design

Right off the bat, you see that this device has 6.3 inch screen, which is a huge screen for anyone. On top of that, they also added the stylus, which can be a productivity tool that everyone may need in the end! You have a squarer camera module and sharper edges that work very well. Moreover, they still keep the Infinity Edge design and the top is ultra-thin too.

Most of the unit is coated in Corning Gorilla Glass, and there are multiple colors to choose from. The camera module does have a border that exists away from the device, a strange design choice that can lead to some camera damage. But during drop tests, the unit didn’t have any issues. At WQHD resolution, you get to have a very good experience and a huge control over just about everything on the screen. There are no blind spots, everything runs fine, and the colors are amazing.

Features

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 runs Android 7.1.1 out of the factory, but it will surely receive the 8.0 support very soon. As for the chipset, you have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 which is one of the best and latest chips in the industry. The dedicated octa-core chip combo runs in the 4x2.4 GHz and 4zx1.7 Ghz combination, which is a pretty good deal. As for the GPU, you have a Mali G 71 MP20 GPU, which worked very well in games. That being said, the unit does tend to heat up quite a lot as you play for more than an hour.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 does allow you to add a micro SD card up to 256 GB, a great thing considering that many Samsung phones don’t do that. You get to have this great feature, 6 GB of RAM and 64/128/256 GB of storage depending on the model you choose.

Camera-wise, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is pretty great. It has dual 12 MP cameras, OIS, 2x optical zoom, autofocus, dual-led flash and some great features. It can do video at 2160p, but not 4k. The audio quality is a pretty good one while using the unit we were quite impressed with how well everything sounds. So yes, it’s a really good audio system, and it works much better when compared to competing devices.

As for the battery life, it is a pretty decent one. The 3300 mAh can give you up to a day of battery, sometimes a bit more depending on what you use. So, it’s a pretty average result here.

Conclusion

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has a stunning design and build, a great screen and the stylus is a very useful tool for productivity. The cameras are amazing too. The only downside is that the battery life is a bit short, but then again this is something that you should expect from a flagship unit nowadays. And at more than $900, this is not a cheap phone. But as a whole, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a wonderful, unique package and it brings in front some of the best features that you may want from a good smartphone. Even the cost is a bit high; the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a great upgrade for any phone user!