Salesian Leadership Retreat Probz

It's the week after a Salesian Leadership Retreat. My best moments/stories from life are from this four-day retreat. Of course, all good things must come to an end. But a big message we got from the retreat is to "live the fourth" or "go forth" out to the world. As an "SLR Alumni", it seems like there are "probz" that only we understand after leaving StonyPoint. The "SLR Probz" Twitter account (@slrprobz) has been very active lately, with tweets from SLR alumni and the Twitter account owner.

Here are my favorite "SLR Probz" that we can all relate to:

1. You spend most of your time thinking about how much SLR still affects your life

2. You'd rather be at an awkward dance party than studying/doing homework right now

3. Getting a workout when singing/dancing to "City On Our Knees"

4. Feeling old when a new group of LR kids go on retreat and not knowing who they are

5. Casually talking about how your northern/southern friends are coming to visit you

6. You've mastered how to shower in the dark in five minutes

7. Can be found wearing LR school apparel 24/7

8. Retweeting everything that Fr. Abe is mentioned in

9. You would give up anything to be at the "Salesian Dreamhouse"

10. Ugly crying is socially acceptable when you say bye to your Salesian friends after retreat

11. When you hold up the lunch line because you have been darted

12. Everyone loves Br. Jerry

13. Being super excited when the LR selection is announced

14. "Home" by Phillip Phillips is playing on the radio and the car next to you is wondering why you are crying

15. You're at home looking at the time and you know exactly what is going on during retreat

16. Jealous of those that can attend Fourth Day Mass

17. Your LR year or L(IV)E is on all your social media bios

18. The happiest place on Earth is not Disney World, it's the Marian Shrine

19. When you still communicate with your small group

20. You most likely took a LR friend as a homecoming/prom date

21. Trying to explain to other people how you know someone from a random school in a different state

22. Wanting to know the insiders of each LR

23. "Make SLR OLR/MLR Again"

24. Growing close to the group from your brother/sister school

25. Wanting to go back to high school again just to go back on LR

26. Every time you hear the "Cha Cha Slide" you think of the Salesian Youth Movement

27. "Fr. Abe for 11th Successor" campaign

28. Waking up to "Happy Fourth Day" messages every March and October

29. Screaming "Friend of the Young and the Poor"

30. Becoming best friends with someone you only met four days ago is the norm

31. Would do anything for Don Bosco Prep apparel

32. You aren't phased when someone (or 18 people) bang on your door to wake up in the morning

33. You feel that sense of energy every time retreat is about to start

34. Not sure how to react when you're back home after experiencing LR

35. When it's Fourth Day/Don Bosco Day, but no one else at school understands why you're jumping all over the place wearing an obnoxious green shirt or "I Heart Don Bosco" shirt