Thirteen Things That Retail Workers Understand

These are real struggles.

11
Fourth Source

Beautiful clothes, jewelry, etc., everywhere! Gosh, we’re just glad we have a job, to say the least. Little did we know it was probably a gift from the devil himself or a blessing in disguise? A lot of people do not realize the sweat, blood, and tears the workers themselves have to shed in order for you, the customers, to have a good shopping experience. These daily commitments, although tiring, is for one sole reason, to be paid! Sometimes the associates feel like the job is more stressful than school and can be seen as slavery because of the paycheck they receive.

Here are some things that commonly happen when you work in stores.

1. When you clean an area of the store and as soon as you’re finished, someone messes it up.

2. When people bring their million and one children in the store and they either start playing and destroying stuff or crying/ screaming.

Or all at once.

3. When there is a pack of underwear and customers will pull the entire pack out and drop them on the floor without any regards to their servants.

It’s more annoying when they steal one item out of the pack one!

4. Women are indecisive creatures.

They will shop for hours and still don’t know what to buy in a store. They will pull packages and try on bra after bra making the store associates have a harder time cleaning.

5. In addition to the fourth point, if your manager gives you bras to clean/organize, you’ll instantly be in tears because of how the customers throw down the bras.

If you get another section or two to clean you’ll be lucky to leave in an hour after the store closes.

6. That one serious manager who is a slave driver.

7. Going to work two to three hours before the store opens, at like 6 a.m., to mark down prices and take out merchandised out of the storage room onto the floor

8. That one new person who is clueless and can't fold clothes.

You probably have to do he/she work so you can all leave since if “One man blunder, every man fall.”

9. That one manager who puts all their faith in you which makes you feel proud yet pressured.

10. That one customer that ruins your day after you tried being so hard to be nice to them.

11. When parents don’t watch their children and the find they most dangerous thing to play with or in the most dangerous situation.

12. When you work have to late shifts but you want to Netflix and chill.

13. When someone pages you over the intercom and you literally want to run and hide.

Although store jobs can become really stressing, they have good points too. You truly learn the value of the dollar and you thank God for your parents. They worked all their lives providing for you and sheltering you from this cruel world. In short, it teaches you responsibilities and how to work in a team. Without working at a store I think I would have totally disregarded the comfort of actually being in a store and others hard work in order for me to feel that “ comfort” I became more appreciative and compassionate to all store workers. This was truly a life lesson that was instilled in me to carry me on to the world of work.