I Said Yes To The Dress But It Was SO Not Like 'Say Yes To The Dress'
popular

It was not exactly what you see on TV.

2518
Charisse Kenion

Back in December, I planned my wedding in four days despite it being ten months away. I did this for a couple different reasons. The first being that I live in Colorado and the wedding is in Virginia. The second being that everyone I wanted to be there to help me find my dress happened to all be in Virginia that week. So on December 27 we all met up at a wedding dress store to see if we could find the one and we did!

But it was not exactly what you see on TV. I knew going into my appointment that this wouldn't be anything like "Say Yes To The Dress" but I didn't know it wouldn't really be magical at all.

The appointment started off fine, we walked in and everyone was friendly and introduced themselves before going to pull some of the dresses I had saved on my profile. It was when we got to the dressing room that everything changed. In the room, there were five dresses that I started to try on but just about every time I came out of the room my stylist wasn't there. My mom or my maid of honor ended up being the ones to help me zip and unzip the dresses, walk to the stage, and puff it up so we could get the full effect of what the dresses looked like.

As I began to go through the first five and get an idea for which I did or did not like my stylist began to take out the ones I didn't like and put a new one in the room as I was showing off another one. This would have been fine but she was still barely around to help me in and out of the dresses.

Not long into the appointment, she began helping another bride at which point neither of us was getting the attention we needed to successfully get in and out of the dresses. Everyone that was me observed that out of all the brides around us, only one was getting the necessary attention but even then her stylist disappeared once or twice. This bride was also alone so, being the amazing people they are, the people with me helped her too.

After I found my dress, which just happened to be the last one that I tried on, I stood on the stage for five minutes before my stylist came back and asked me if it was the one. While I'm in love with the dress I got, had I known my appointment was going to way it did I probably would have gone elsewhere.