- If you plan to drink, make sure to keep hydrated with non-alcoholic beverages, eat some food.
- If you drink, DO NOT OPERATE ANY MOTORIZED VEHICLES. It is not worth your safety, but the safety of other innocent people.
- If you plan to set off fireworks – do not drink beforehand. Keep others away from the fireworks. Have a special area where you set off the fireworks. Be mindful of your hands and use a long lighter to light the fireworks.
- Have plenty of sunscreen or bug spray.
- If going out swimming or on the water – make sure to have a lifejacket.
- If going boating – make sure to have a lifejacket for everyone aboard.
- If you have dogs – make sure to keep them in a secure area because they are likely to be scared of fireworks. Keep them away from windows and doors because sometimes they will try to escape and break through the glass. Keep a TV or radio on so they have background noise to either hide or dampen the sound of fireworks.
- DO NOT take your dog to see fireworks.
- If you make food for parties – make sure you let everyone know the ingredients so they can avoid allergy reactions.
Cover Image Credit: https://farmvilleva.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/slider_fireworks.jpg