I Went Greek And I'm Loving It

I Went Greek And I'm Loving It

Chi Omega makes my heart so full.

99
I Went Greek And I'm Loving It
Personal Photo

My freshman year of college, I was always very "up in the air" about joining a sorority because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to time manage everything. With that being said, I ended up spending that whole year regretting not going through recruitment. I wanted to find my home and I was set on rushing months before my freshman year ended. I signed up to go through recruitment as soon as the application came out. Let me tell you, I was one excited girl yet filled with many different emotions mostly because I did not know what to expect. Until I got put in a group of 21 other wonderful ladies that were also going through recruitment and were feeling the same feelings I was. Not to mention, an amazing recruitment councilor that guided us through every single second and we all ended up where we belonged, we found our home.

This is my recruitment group, some of the girls are in the same sorority as me now.

For years, I thought I had everything figured out. I thought I knew exactly how my life was going to go. However, when I entered my sophomore year, everything in my life took a complete turn around. I found myself in a very low place and of course, I began to lean on my creator. Through Him, I found my peace because His promises are so pure. I prayed night after night for God to place people in my life that could help guide me out of the place I was in, the way I was feeling.

Then, I ran home, not realizing that these were the people that God placed in my life to bless me through a rough season. I can't even begin to describe the love that I found in this chapter. I finally found my home! These group of girls has helped me through my rough times, built me up, strengthened me, and I am finally myself again. I never thought that one chapter could have impacted my life so much in such little time. I cannot wait to see how much I grow in this chapter.

I know that a lot of people say that a sorority is "buying your friends" or any other negative things that people label greek life. However, this is so far from the truth and that is not what sisterhood is about. When I decided to rush I knew that I wanted girls who would encourage me to do my best, to keep going when things get hard, a community, help me walk in my faith, and those lifetime friends. I found exactly that and more through my sorority! Not to be dramatic or anything, but I am pretty sure that I already can see some future bridesmaids. The long, rainy, stressful days were so worth it. I encourage everyone to go Greek, FIND YOUR HOME. There is something uniquely special about having such a sweet community found through Greek life.

This picture was taken the day I ran home to Chi Omega with my bid day buddy