Embark on Rory Gilmore’s Reading Quest Today!

The Rory Gilmore Reading List

“I can’t believe we sit around and talk about books and get graded on it.” — Rory Gilmore, Gilmore Girls

33486
The Rory Gilmore Reading List

In this world, we encounter various types of readers. There are those who read casually, indulging in a handful of books each year, often during vacations, or those precious moments in bed before sleep. Then there are the devoted bookworms, individuals who relish the act of checking off books from their ever-growing to-be-read lists and constantly updating their reading profiles. They might even find themselves acquiring a surplus of books after succumbing to the irresistible allure of BookTok videos.

And then there's Rory Gilmore, transcending mere character status to embody a persona. She symbolizes the type of reader who never ventures anywhere without a trusty book in hand or the bookworm who packs four different titles in their backpack, just in case they can’t predict their reading mood.

Should you be contemplating embarking on the Rory Gilmore reading challenge, brace yourself for an extensive lineup of weighty classics such as ‘Swann's Way’ and ‘Les Misérables,’ as well as an abundance of Shakespearean works. Yet, amidst these literary giants, you’ll discover delightful interludes with the likes of Agatha Christie, the reigning queen of mystery, and contemporary authors such as Margaret Atwood and Cheryl Strayed. Whether you intend to tackle this endeavor solo or with a book club, the “Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge” is guaranteed to substantially augment your reading repertoire.

Rory isn’t just reading any book on the shelf. She reads a vast amount of literature throughout the series, from the pilot of Gilmore Girls to the revival A Year In The Life. And throughout the entire series, you can catch her either reading, holding, referencing, or pointing to different books of hers, adding up to a stunningly long list of more than 500 books and poems.

How to start the “Rory Gilmore Challenge”

The approach you choose to take with the list is entirely your prerogative. Given the extensive selection of books, it's quite likely that you’ll come across titles you’ve already read or heard of, such as some of the classic literature often assigned in high school. One approach is to mark off the books you’ve already read. Alternatively, you might choose the purist route and begin from the beginning, especially if it's been a while since you last delved into these titles.

Nonetheless, the approach you take to tackle this challenge is entirely your choice. Should you decide to participate, The Rory Gilmore Book Club is an ongoing endeavor on Instagram, offering a variety of challenges and check-ins throughout the year, guided by Jules as you make your way through the list.

You can get Rory’s full reading list here: https://www.julesbuono.com/rory-gilmore-book-list/

Happy reading!